What can I seal it with?

CivicEater

Jan 29, 2004
I noticed today that my EGR down tube rubbed through a air pump hose to the heads and caused it to have a leak. Its small so I wrapped it in electrical tape till I can replace the hose, but the problem now is that I am afraid its so close to the headers that the tape will catch fire. What else can I seal it with without haveing to run to the store?
also would a leak in the air pump hose cause funny problems? ie:like a vac leak?

• Sponsors (?)

CivicEater said:
I noticed today that my EGR down tube rubbed through a air pump hose to the heads and caused it to have a leak. Its small so I wrapped it in electrical tape till I can replace the hose, but the problem now is that I am afraid its so close to the headers that the tape will catch fire. What else can I seal it with without haveing to run to the store?
also would a leak in the air pump hose cause funny problems? ie:like a vac leak?
i know that the air pump pumps air into the headers to address a rich condition while the car is warming up, but where does it get its air?

there should be 4 valves to control the air, so i'm thinking that unless one or more of the valves is bad, then at worst you might only see a problem during the first few minutes while the car is warming up.