What can you stroke a 4.6L GT engine to??

GreekStang85

Jun 11, 2003
Hey guys i would like to know how high you can stroke a 4.6L engine, i have a 03' GT, my freind just got his 96' LT1 engine stroked to 383ci and i would like to know cause im planning on getting my motor worked on but i wanna know what i can stroke it to.

• Sponsors (?)

the most common is 302ci, the highest i heard of is 310, ill get you a link to the site with the 310, it was in your other post..

(sorry about that too btw)

edit: i lost the link, hopefully someone will post it :(

DHGBullitt4.6 said:
hey greekstang the highest you can stroke a 281 is 310. Trust me on that one, I pretty much know everything. Later.
He's Baaaaack.

Anyway there is a website and I can't find the dang ol link now but it explained in detail how you could stroke the 281 to 310 but that was the extent.

GreekStang85 said:
my friend was asking me if they have power packages for the 4.6L engine such as bigger heads, cams, pistons and such..............anybody know about those too?
There are power packages but they are pretty limited right now. You can get cams and pistons but heads are limited. But the aftermarket is beginning to come around.

DHGBullitt4.6 said:
hey greekstang the highest you can stroke a 281 is 310. Trust me on that one, I pretty much know everything. Later.
Oh noooooooooo! He is back again with a different name! Now I feel better because he "knows everything"...

edit: New name but looks to me with the same attititude! :notnice:

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]Can't you bore and srtoke a 4.6 and it end up with a 323 or something around there[/QUOTE]
yes..bore and stroke a 4.6, you will get 324CI (5.3L). Lot of engine builders start selling those stroked/forges package short blocks. VTEngines for example...

if I remember you have to use an aluminium block and have some new sleeves in order to get to that 324CI...someone will confirm...from what VT engines said ur around 380 rwhp N/A with a set of stage 2 Pi heads...then slap a KB S/C...insane.... :drool:

stallion98gt said:
if I remember you have to use an aluminium block and have some new sleeves in order to get to that 324CI...someone will confirm...from what VT engines said ur around 380 rwhp N/A with a set of stage 2 Pi heads...then slap a KB S/C...insane.... :drool:

Don't quote me on this but I am almost positive that a certain shop in GA already has a motor exactly like that in progress

stallion98gt said:
oh yeah I'm sure..several shops are doing the same products... :nice: ...good for us

I mean someone working with VT engines building a 5.3 stroker with low compression and putting a KB on top....It is going to be insane. VT engines is getting around 400 TQ N/A with there stroker motor....then you put a KB on top of that with high boost :jaw: