What can you stroke a 4.6L GT engine to??

• Sponsors (?)

This place is a joke. Nearly EVERY thread I post in ends up in crap like DHGBullit and others here are doing. If you don't have decent tech to add, then STFU. That's why this place has the talk forums. Go stroke your ego's there for crying out loud. SOME people are actually here to ask and learn.

VTEngine said:
This place is a joke. Nearly EVERY thread I post in ends up in crap like DHGBullit and others here are doing. If you don't have decent tech to add, then STFU. That's why this place has the talk forums. Go stroke your ego's there for crying out loud. SOME people are actually here to ask and learn.
You causin' trouble again Scotty? :D

wow wtf man. i asked a TECH related question about what the liter size is of a 347 stroker. i got my answer and made a quick quip about it. sheesh some people need to cool off just a little :cheers:

Bornstanger said:
wow wtf man. i asked a TECH related question about what the liter size is of a 347 stroker. i got my answer and made a quick quip about it. sheesh some people need to cool off just a little :cheers:

Your question about the 347 was a good one. I was refering to the guy who said he knows everything because the username is EXTREMELY similar to one that wrecked another stroker thread with VERY similar answers. Wasn't doggin' down on you, but I did see a flame war starting between you and Jadesville. I don't need to cool off because I haven't even got heated yet :D

VTEngine said:
Your question about the 347 was a good one. I was refering to the guy who said he knows everything because the username is EXTREMELY similar to one that wrecked another stroker thread with VERY similar answers. Wasn't doggin' down on you, but I did see a flame war starting between you and Jadesville. I don't need to cool off because I haven't even got heated yet :D

yeah we all know dhgdork is the same as 01bullittdork so i can understand you getting all pissy over that. now since you haven't gotten heated yet, perhaps i can help you by saying....VTEngines suck and are the worst pieces of crap you can buy :jester: :stick:

VTEngine said:

its not a flame war, its something that has been going on for the past few days :jester: nothing to be alarmed about..

GreekStang85 said:
Hey guys i would like to know how high you can stroke a 4.6L engine, i have a 03' GT................

Back to the question! The biggest arm I've heard of in a 4.6 is 3.80 inches. With the stock bore of 3.55 inches, that is 300.9 cubits (4932 cc). I think the popular thing is to use a 3.75 crank with a .030 inch overbore to 3.58 inches for 302.0 cubits (5001 cc).

I understand that it takes a sleeve kit to go any bigger in bore - 3.70 inch sleeves are available. Using a 3.70 inch bore with a 3.80 stroke gives 326.9 cubits (5357 cc) - probably the limit of a 4.6 block.