Roush What car looks Better??

06S281

Aug 26, 2006
Sacramento
Hey guys for some odd reason, I am feeling that the 02-04 body style saleen looks better than the 05-07. I do not know why but every time I see one it just looks different than mine..Anyone else ever feel that way...I know this is a dumb question..

• Sponsors (?)

Well they are very different, in my opinion they are 2 totally different cars. 02-04 which I like better in my opinion. are much smaller cars. the 05+ are based off of the lincoln LS platform. But I have seen a few 05 and newer Saleen that are bad ass..

Yea well 05's are nice but your right about it missing something. I think that it's just because they are so big. Now don't get me wrong I'm 6'4'' and I have to move my seat brakets in my car all the way back for me to fit. But in the 05's i can just jump right in. The only 05+ saleens that I like are the E cars, and a few s/c cars. But your right they definatly are missing something..

Maybe it will continue to grow on you. Funny that you created this thread. I have owned and own a least of couple of example's every style from 87 to 06. It took a couple of years for the 05 ( new ) mustang to grow on me. It's really a totally different car like others have mentioned here.

I don't think I have a favorite. It's just too tough a decision. Maybe in this order.

1. foxbody ( probably because I'm older and an 87 was the first Saleen I ever set eyes on).

2. The SN95 94-98 cars. My S351 was a 95.
3. The new edge 99-04's. I caught a few min. of Hollywood Homicide last night during the chase scene with that silver auto speedster and it made me miss mine so much I almost thought about buying another one today. That's just nut's but a 90-04 car with just the right stance does something for me.

4 rounding out the top 4 would be the new cars. I just can't put my finger on them yet but they are big ( and engineered ). A really nice car although I don't miss my 06 that much yet. Hmm.

Maybe it will continue to grow on you. Funny that you created this thread. I have owned and own a least of couple of example's every style from 87 to 06. It took a couple of years for the 05 ( new ) mustang to grow on me. It's really a totally different car like others have mentioned here.

I don't think I have a favorite. It's just too tough a decision. Maybe in this order.

1. foxbody ( probably because I'm older and an 87 was the first Saleen I ever set eyes on).

2. The SN95 94-98 cars. My S351 was a 95.
3. The new edge 99-04's. I caught a few min. of Hollywood Homicide last night during the chase scene with that silver auto speedster and it made me miss mine so much I almost thought about buying another one today. That's just nut's but a 90-04 car with just the right stance does something for me.

4 rounding out the top 4 would be the new cars. I just can't put my finger on them yet but they are big ( and engineered ). A really nice car although I don't miss my 06 that much yet. Hmm.

Yeah I think it is the stance of the car..It just looks so bad ass..Maybe if my car had the 20x10's on the back..I don't know I'm just having thoughts..Thanks for the reply..

I caught a few min. of Hollywood Homicide last night during the chase scene with that silver auto speedster and it made me miss mine so much I almost thought about buying another one today.

Yep, I saw it too. I caught the movie early on and watched the whole thing waiting for the chase scene.

That same night I went online lookin for 02-04 speedsters for sale.

06S281,

Your right about something missing on the 05+ Saleens. I thought that from the moment that I saw them... When I bought my 01 GT, a Saleen is what I really wanted. I just could not afford the $25K upgrade at the time. IMHO, the 99-04 Saleen, is the best looking Mustange ever put on the street. I am not saying that because I own one. I felt that way from the very first time I set eyes on one...

Dale

06S281,

Your right about something missing on the 05+ Saleens. I thought that from the moment that I saw them... When I bought my 01 GT, a Saleen is what I really wanted. I just could not afford the $25K upgrade at the time. IMHO, the 99-04 Saleen, is the best looking Mustange ever put on the street. I am not saying that because I own one. I felt that way from the very first time I set eyes on one...

Dale
i think its the wheels on the new one that throws them off. As for affording the saleen at the time I couldn't even afford a GT at the time LOL. I was goign to community college and stopping by the local ford dealer because he had a lot of Roushs and Saleens. I can't believe I got one now let along a speedster convertible :hail2:

Yeah, the 05+ Saleens and Mustangs still haven't grown on me. When the '05 Mustang debuted, I started looking for a 2004 to replace my '01 Saleen.

I do, however, like the front end design and interior on the new Mustangs.

99-04 FTW!!! :D

latest1xd9.jpg

Attachments

• latest1xd9.jpg
    latest1xd9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 108
Yeah, the 05+ Saleens and Mustangs still haven't grown on me. When the '05 Mustang debuted, I started looking for a 2004 to replace my '01 Saleen.

I do, however, like the front end design and interior on the new Mustangs.

99-04 FTW!!! :D

latest1xd9.jpg

There's just something about the way that looks from behind...Nice car bro..:nice:

Attachments

• latest1xd9.jpg
    latest1xd9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 93

You sold your white '06 Saleen already, Marcus?!? :eek:

As for my preferences, they pretty much parallel with Marcus'.

Having wanted a Saleen Mustang since the introduction of the '87 models & almost purchasing one in both '87 & '88, I finally did so in late summer '89. That car has now been gone from my garage for exactly 2 years this weekend (but whose counting?), but it was replaced by a '98 that just happens to be my 2nd favorite body style. The fact that my wife loves the '94 - '98 Saleens helps, too. :D

I sort of liked the '99 - '04 cars because they were much more aggressive than their predecessors, but they never really grew on me.

The new cars ('05 - '07) didn't do anything for me at first, but they've since grown on me. I was considering one to replace my '89, but I just couldn't justify the cost. I'm glad I own what I now own as the new Saleens are just too large (price & bulk) for my tastes.

Put the new 5 star rims on the 05+ and it totally changes how the car looks. The wagon wheels make the car look slow and bulky, the 5 stars say fast IMO.

I think the difference is merely in the body design concerning the saleen styling. The 05+ cars have the s7 styling to them which is sleek and exotic, the pre 05 cars all had that "muscle car" mean look to them, not sleek and sexy. I also thought the 05 saleens would of been much better off with a dished 5 spoke rim, that body style just looks great with those imo.

I guess I'm the only one who feels this way, but my choices would be (in order):

1. '05-'07
2. Fox Bodies
3. '94-98
4. '99-'04

I always thought the stock '99-'04 Mustangs looked too Japanese (sharp edges, too many vents and scoops with no real design purpose). Saleen did a much better job with the body, especially with the stance and wheel sizes, but not enough to edge out the other body styles.

I think the '05-'07 is a great interpretation of a modern American muscle car. I agree the biggest weakness is the wheel design. I would have gone with something wider in the back and with more of a deep dish look. Perhaps something like this:

Attachments

• saleenred.jpg
    saleenred.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 143
im going to have to go with the 99-04 and not just b/c i have one, however i would much rather have a 05+ just b/c they are the newest model out but i dont feel like having a car payment for another 5 years