what car you dream about has a kid?

When I was young, I wanted a Probe GT... or a Dodge Neon Esspresso. Yes... I was pretty gay LOL. But dreamed of having my dads' Mustang (I have that now), a Lambo... but number 1 thing I wanted was a Ferrari F40. DROOL

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly?

33.smokey.bandit.340.jpg

Oh!! I mean....

movie_smokey.jpg

:hail2:

Eh, not so much the original, but this one, hell yeah!
Bandit1.jpg

As for the Euro cars....when i was a kid, it wasn't all about the Chevelle down the street because everybody had them, regardless of how badass they were. When i was a kid you wanted those cars, hell yeah, but the fantasy cars were the unreachable and unattainable cars like the Lamborghinis and Ferraris. You couldn't go to your buddy's house and see one or to a car show and see one.

+1 kinda what I meant when I started the thread. dream cars, and at that time it was all about lambo's and the euro dream cars, I always liked fords has you can tell by my sig and also lusted for these domestic beasts,

1970 ford torino 429 cobra jet

main.php

and a 1969 mercury cyclone spoiler

X_1969_Mercury_Cyclone_Spoiler_3614_09272006011420_16116.jpg

:drool:

Uh, yea thats because they are classics now...in the 80's they werent worth much at all. My dad bought and sold that kinda stuff all the time, dime a dozen. How much did the 80's Lambos go for? Iam sure around 50 times more. Literally. Back in the day those cars didnt cost much, all the euro cars were WAY more then the american cars. AC cobra is a different story, it went for that amount of money because theres only a handful left and for possibly other reasons. Besides stuff that sells on that show is way more then they would sell for at a car show for example, just people with millions burning a hole in their pockets.

Exactly

I wanted an F40 greater than anything. If I ever get rich I'll have one.

msallf40.jpg

small_iroc-1.jpg

93gt.jpg

smallcountach.jpg

Attachments

• msallf40.jpg
    msallf40.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 93gt.jpg
    93gt.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 71
  • small_iroc-1.jpg
    small_iroc-1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 71
  • smallcountach.jpg
    smallcountach.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 82
i used to have this exact picture on my wall (along with about 100 others. i made a border around my whole room, 3 pics high, with calendar photos of my favourite cars...
View attachment 341143

and another dream car back then...
photo.jpg

Vector%20W8%20Twin%20Turbo%2C.jpg

Attachments

• Vector%20W8%20Twin%20Turbo%2C.jpg
    Vector%20W8%20Twin%20Turbo%2C.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 60
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 66
Wow ... looks like a cross between a Coutach and a Lotus. Me likey. :nice:

which one? the bugatti (1st) or the vector (2nd &3rd)? i'm guessing 2nd, (and yeah, i also had the esprit on the wall). the lotus was a nice car, but didnt have the 'flare' to put it in the top few for me back then.
the mclaren F1 i posted earlier was always THE car i dreamed of though. iirc, first ever 200+ mph street legal production car, & it had over $24,000 worth of gold in the engine compartment to keep temps. down, which i thought was SO cool back then.....

Thinking back to my youth.....I never thought of Mustangs. I guess once I started driving (1990 Notch 2.3 5speed) I started noticing them more. Then I drove a 5.0 car and was hooked on the sound and feel of it.

F40 is still a car that if I ever get the money will be in my garage.....I'm not holding my breath though!

Always wanted a Lotus Esprit Turbo...

When I got older, my wish came true.

I found this black 1986 with only 37,000 miles on it in MINT condition... so I BOUGHT IT!!!

234594114-L.jpg

Attachments

• 234594114-L.jpg
    234594114-L.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 61