What Clevland Heads???

I never said I was the man so dont be so quick to rip others to try and make yourself look good. Someone asked me if I even have or know anything about clevelands so I answered. I think if you spent time working at a Ford parts supplier, then a machine shop, then join the Marines, you would have a crap load of stuff too. The 351C in my eyes is not a good performance engine and the heads are best saved for a windsor. Its also rare and to put a 351C in a fox body is time well spent somewhere else due to the limited market for these engines and that the cost would be too great. These engines are best suited for lower rpm truck applications. If someone is out there running 9's at 9k rpms good for them. Anything is possible in the world of hot rodding, but I'd like to note how many windsor blocks are running 9's also. Now compare that number with the number of Clevelands running that fast. With the amount of projects I build I dont want to delve into an engine that has a small market of parts available to it. The engine also weighs a ton since its a small big block. As for the comments about the smog era eliminating the Cleveland thats fine. If that was the case why didnt Ford bring it back like they did the windsor family after the gas crunch. There is a reason people put cleveland heads and 400M cranks into windsor blocks.

• Sponsors (?)

Cool... what they said... and>> the open chamber heads are good for "forced air " ( 10.1 to a 8:1 ). the 2V heads are better for a low RPM ( 7000 ) and small cubes ! the Closed chamber 4V heads will help keep compression , and the ports ARE BIGGER THAN A 454 CHEVY !! BIGGER THAN A 460 FORD (D0VE ) so you can see the RPM vs POWER problem!! Also IF you use the flat top piston, the cam lift has to be pretty small ( under 500 ). Or the flat tops need to be notched to the canted valve design . There are aftermarket intakes made!! Or the older BOSS302. There is headers for the 351C and a fox body made ( slight mod for the 302 "C" ). OR you can go to Price Motorsports Engeneering ( PME) and they make every adapter in the world for intake to head combos!! Power and RPM potential is UN-REAL!! Jack Roush made 550 HP from a 302 and 4V C heads single carb in the Freaking 80s!! I have built 2 Bogus Boss 302s with open and closed heads... 2V and 4V heads, tunnel ram and shift points at 7500 rpm ( for the sake of the STOCK ARP modified bottom end!!) the pic of my 67 in the avitar is with one of the 302s!! We ran all the info on the Aussie heads and they should pull more POWER in the low to mid range and just start to drop HP after 7800 RPM on a 302... and we were about to try those heads... and then the idea of the 351 Clev-or and cubes came accross!! ( duh...) So now we are into a 351W with the 4V closed heads and a ton of juice!! ( my sons 64 Fairlane) Hope all this helps!! the power of the heads is totally un real.... but there is work to make that power and the weigh a ton!! but they are different and real power builders!! MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

Just me......................

Thumper