What clutch do you use?

• Sponsors (?)

Wow! There is alot of mixed responses about the King Cobra. I am on a tight budget and can kinda feel it start to slip (compared to when I first got the car).

I know Ram clutches are well known and when I had my 383 Stroker in my 3rd gen Camaro their HD T-5 held up like a champ.

Alot of you guys are reppin different clutches than the ones you list in your sigs. I need something better than stock, but it will be a good 2 years before I start shopping for a power adder, so pedal feel isnt a big deal since I used to drive the Camaro. Anything stiff is fine by me, and something cheap too ($200-$300shipped) would help me out since I'm only 18.

<--------BTW what's with 0 posts? WTF???

joshjwc9 said:
I know Ram clutches are well known and when I had my 383 Stroker in my 3rd gen Camaro their HD T-5 held up like a champ.

I just put in a RAM clutch and I love it. I'm surprised more ppl don't suggestion Rams. I had a centerforce DF and it didn't hold up under pressure and didn't like my old spec. The Ram grips well, is streetable, and seems very strong. I hear many 03-04 cobras use Ram as well because of the HP and it won't make you bankrupt like a McLeod will. Its about 380 bucks.

Ram Powergrip HD is the way to go.

BCB00GT said:
One of the best deals is the FRPP Cobra 11" upgrade clutch. It is a 8 bolt design so it can be used on the 99/00 T-45 GTs. I picked mine up for $180 and that includes new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and TOB. No need to resurface your old one.

Where did you pick up this package from? That's an awful good price.