What clutch to buy???

• Sponsors (?)

everything i have read (its been a bit of reading) says spec is awesome. never, ever read about anyone not liking it. cant say that for others. i think perky has the hook up on them.

You are no where near needing the Stage 3 for your combo, the Stage I or II would be plenty for what you have, is a lot more streetable and will make you very happy. You could pair it up with a SFI steel flywheel from SPEC also.

Check out the PERKS Performance link in my sig, Bill is a dealer for SPEC and can get you what you need. [email protected] he is also located in PA.

From people I know who have ran the Spec Stg 2&3 they chatter especially until the are broken in, and even after break-in some still chatter. I have a McLeod dual friction and it has been awesome. No chatter, it doesnt go soft,and it puts up with my abuse. I got it for under $300 bucks too.

hate centerforce's

3 of my friends and myself have gone thru atleast one centerforce... they either held perfectly or got a little worn and slipped like mad! all switched over to SPEC stage II and III's work awesome... its lasted 3 times as long as the centerforces did. The specs also come with a new throw out bearing and the alignement tool... don't think centerforce comes with either of those things. Their flywheels are nice as well. :nice: :nice: :nice: for SPEC

I only got 6000 miles out of my SPEC Stage I. One of the springs blew out of the disk! REALLY made me angry. I went ahead and got a SPEC Stage II this time and if this one comes apart I'm going to be VERY unhappy. I had the clutch in the car for 2 years but only 3000 miles on my car a year. Only about 1500 or so were with the SC if that.

Went with a heavier duty version of the KC. Using a ceramic disk instead of kevlar.. grabs terrific & rated to 600HP. Been running it for 3 years now and still grabs just as hard as when new. Dave (Forced347) turned me on to this setup.. Thanks Dave :nice:

Scott