What Clutch to Buy???

Ferf

Dec 6, 2002
I am nearing the completion of my '65 Mustang and need to purchase a clutch. I am running a 347 stroker with around 425 HP and a Tremec 3550 tranny. What are you recommedations for a new clutch?

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Ford Racing King Cobra clutch and it works great. I'm surprised to hear that you didn't like you Centerforce clutch. I have heard good things about them too.

I too am surprised that you didn't like the CF DF. I initially used one in my Mustang behind the 393W and loved it-held up well on both the street and at the track. When it was time to replace the old Zoom clutch in my low power tote truck, it too received a DF and I am just as happy with it. No chatter in either application.

i had the centerforce in and out a few times,surface the PP and the flywheel,still chattered.Even had McLeod test everything.They couldnt find a problem and didnt want to sell me a clutch because they coudlnt find a problem with it,but i bought one anyway

I have a friend local to me with a blown 302 in a Fox Mustang. When I asked him this question he said he likes his Spec Stage 2 clutch. He said it's smooth and works great on the street. Of course he's using a 157 tooth flywheel and a cable clutch. Not sure if you're using the original stock setup for your car or what.