What computer is this?

my2foxes

Jul 8, 2007
A buddy gave me a computer tonight that he had sitting around . he thinks it is from a 5spd mustang . The #s read as E9AF 14A624 AA catch code is A3M . Will this work to convert my 88 to mass air ?

• Sponsors (?)

It should, as far as I know. The A3M is a 93 5.0, 5spd EEC.

I'm gonna go ahead and toss this one in 5.0 Tech, since it's more of a technical issue, rather than tuning.

A9L and A9P are the two "best" Mustang computers. They are the most aggressive factory EEC's in a MAss Air car. The A9L is a 5-spd and the A9P is an AOD computer.

The catch codes were NOT year specific...
A9L was used on several years, so was A9P.... they are just the most common to find when you open the kickpanel.

'Aggressiveness' is often exagerated, as the ecu differences are pretty minimal. I've never seen back to back track data for different ecu's? Anyone seen this?

'Aggressiveness' is often exagerated, as the ecu differences are pretty minimal. I've never seen back to back track data for different ecu's? Anyone seen this?

I don't think the differences are worth swapping computers over.

"Aggressive" is a relative term in this case just like 86-88 camshafts were more "aggressive" than 89-later shafts. The actually differences would prob never be detectable on a track or even a dyno perhaps

A custom tune on top of either computer completely negates it so it's a moot point.