What did I break now? Clutch HELP!

stang_380

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2002
St. Paul
Here is the info:

Newer clutch, and aftermarket clutch quad. I was forced to replace my adjustable clutch cable (POS) with a factory unit to get my car home. The non adjustable cable just barely would dissengage the clutch enough to shift into gear. The next day the cable had stretched and it soon because impossible to shift into gear. I pulled the cable housing away from the firewall to find about 3/4" of cable slack and to make it home i put in a 3/4" shim to take up the slack. However now my clutch would dissengage almost immediatly after pushing on the pedal. I was able to make it almost all the way home with no signs of the engine/clutch slipping. Then just before i made it home the pedal suddenly went all the way to the floor with no resitance what so ever. I did make it home with out shifting again. I then looked under the hood and my cable/firewall shim was gone and where i did have 3/4" of cable slack i now have 4 to 5" of slack.

Im very busy right now studying for a test so i really dont have time to dig into it right now but any help or comments would be appreciated. I really just want to know if i really screwed my self over this time. Is it the thow out bearing? Or something else internal?

Thanks,

Erik

• Sponsors (?)