What do do?

pleasehelp

Mar 11, 2003
Poplar Grove, Il
As my screen name states, I need help! I have my 95 GTS in my garage that has been sitting there since last october. I bought it in 2003 and to tell you the truth, I don't think I have put over 3k miles on it. What happened is that I went ahead and purchased a complete tfs HCI done up with a fox tb setup, tko trans & ram clutch, alum. flywheel & d/s and loop, long tube headers, pro chamber, magnaflow catback, smog delete, u/d pullies. The thing is that every since I had all that stuff done, the car runs like crap. You can thank our wonderfull computers for that. I did went ahead and got a tune and the guy that tune it burnt a chip and it ran fine after that then when it gets cold it runs like crap again so I gotta go and deal with him again. Oh, the trans is notchy as hell and the clutch pedal is stiff as ****. Bringing the driveability down even more.

Anyway, long story short, I'm fed up with it and don't know if I should get rid of it. It was all a mistake for me to waste all that money do all that crap to it. So in order to make it run better I would have to spend more money and I haven't even touched the "looks" aspects of it. Which means more $$$ down the drain. Even if I do "fix" it I don't think it will be too driveable.

But here is the kicker, I have a friend with a 2002 GT that he would sell to me. It's loaded and has some cams, intake, full exhaust, 03 cobra chrome replicas w/ 17x10.5 rears with nittos, 36 spline axles, lowering springs, shifter, 4.30 gears/spool(would have to have removed for dd) he even had the 6 speed from his cobra put in it and said he might put in the seats and irs from it too. I drove it one time with the spool and it drove better than mine did. It was smooth as silk compared to mine. I guess I just want a car that I can get on it, drive it and not worry about that driveablity of it. Oh, and it already has the "looks" department down. If I do get this car, it's staying like it is for a long time, save for the spool and gears.

What should I do? Sell my car and buy his? Part mine? How much would my car be worth? Thanks for any suggestions.

BTW, I might be able to get his for 10K and it has 51K miles.

• Sponsors (?)

Judging by what you said it already sounds like you've mostly convinced yourself on buying your friends and selling yours. I know what it's like to deal with a car that just is out to ruin your day. You've put all this money into your current ride, but I think the question is if it's going to take 10k to fix your current car to make you like it. Sure, a nice 2002 GT with decent mileage is appealing, but you can make your car run and give it looks for that price tag. If I were you I would spend that little extra bit of cash to get it running the way it should be with those upgrades and if your heart so tugs at you give it some looks. One more thing to keep in mind, if you really are set on selling yours think about how much you are going to be able to sell a car that's "running like crap". You'd probably have to part it out to get some decent money out of it, and that's still wrench time. My vote, keep it and fix it.

I was thinking that for the longest time, but then I thought, "I have to spend more money on it hoping it gets fixed(runs good) and then how long will it be for that to happen?" I've had it like this for quite some time and don't see any time to do anything to it in the near future. Oh, I also forgot that I need to replace the driverside header and readjust the rockers before the tune guy messes with it again.

I'd say if you still have the stock h/c/i then put the car back to stock and sell it. Then sell the aftermarket stuff. If you don't have the stock h/c/i then it would be hard for me to swallow that big of loss since you're probably not going to get anywhere near what you paid for the parts. Good luck.

Man, I feel for ya making that decision......I understand the frustration but let me at least say this.....You def. have some $ and time invested into the car......if all those things are paid for......take the car to Don at Losata racing...Don 95 Vert is his screen name on here.........I had all kind of driveability issues.....I took it down and when I got it back it drives fine..
I do agree with Dave about if you sell it....Unless someone who knows what you have in it and feels they can reap the rewards buys it.....take it back stock.................It's your choice for sure......just think about it and do a pro and con sheet.....at least it won't be a impulse move...
Will

95strokerPSU said:
I'd say if you still have the stock h/c/i then put the car back to stock and sell it. Then sell the aftermarket stuff. If you don't have the stock h/c/i then it would be hard for me to swallow that big of loss since you're probably not going to get anywhere near what you paid for the parts. Good luck.

+1

You'll get more money for those parts separate from the car. I feel your pain, my last car gave me tons of driveability problems then I finally just said F this and sold it...I wish I had parted out some of the aftermarket stuff, but like they say, hindsight is 20/20.

you'll be lucky if selling it in its current condition will get you 7k. then that is still another 3k for the new car and a new rear and all that work.

my advise is to go to some car shows/track meets, get that mustang modding fire stoked back up and go home and fix the stuff you can fix in the 95. then take it to a dyno shop and have them tune it again. not saying anything about your last shop, but if you don't trust their work, go somewhere else.