what do i need for tremec swap?

NOSNotch

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2001
South Jersey
Just picked up a 3550 today, got a bellhousing and pro 5.0 with it but not sure if ill need anything else before i go putting it in? can i reuse the same clutch fork from my t5 and is there anything else i should need? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You can use the clutch fork if you are using a stock style bellhousing (not a scattershield). I believe you will also need a new slip yoke for the driveshaft. I know you need it for the TKO, but I can't remember for the 3550.

If I remember correctly, as long as you got the TKO bellhousing, everything should bolt up. You will have to modify your crossmember but that should be the only difference. The 3550 I believe has a 10 spline input so your T5 clutch and pressureplate is fine and the 28 spline driveshaft yoke is the same too i think.
Kevin

You will be fine with the clutch, PP, clutch fork and driveshaft.

I have done the swap before and it was not to difficult.

FYI: A stock SROD bellhousing will work for the tranny as well.

Measure the distance of your stock T-5 tailshaft ( center of output shaft) to the top of the trans tunnel. Duplicate this measurement w/ the Tremec. You may need to shim the trans mount up 1/4". If not, hello vibration city. You need to replicate the D/S tailshaft and D/S pinion angles.