What do stock Lightnings run in 1/4?

Pootiestang

That's MISTER boy to you!
Founding Member
Dec 25, 2000
Sav, Ga
Im looking to trade my stang in for a 99 to 2002 Lightning but dont really know much about them. Is it possible for 3 people to fit or do lightnings only have 3 seat belts. How about MPG on these years? Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

My cousin has an 01 Lightning. When it was stock it ran a 13.7 at the semi-local drag strip. Now we put a couplr of mods on it and are hoping for around 12 in the spring. It responds to simple mods very well. It is a blast to drive, the torque is awsome. :nice:
As for the MPG I believe he gets around 14 but am not too sure. I know my F150 gets 16 with the 4.6.

Lightning

I ahd a 99 which was great but I got an 02 that was a bunch better. The change from 360 to 380 hp in 2001 was very noticable. It ran low to mid 13's stock and solid 12's with a chip and pulley. I had dual flowmasters on the 99 and a single on the 02 and both were just noisy, no muscular sound at all in my opinion

Thanks for the replies guys keep em comming! If i could find a 2001 for a good price then I may consider it right now I gotta figure out if Im gonna keep the mustang or not.

Motor Trend says 13.7 in 1/4. I just got my 03 L 2 weeks ago. It is faster than my modded 01 GT w/out the spray. When I do spray the GT the L is almost as fast. The GT ran 13.3 on spray. It has three seatbelts btw. In my opinion the ride and handling is better in the L also. I really like driving it. Ive only driven the stang once since i bought it... The L is also very temperature and humidty sensative, as is any blown vehicle. So you will be faster on a cold, dry day than on a hot humid day.

I just sold my 2002 L back in August and stock I ran a 13.57, I added a #4 lower and chip and got to 13.1 on F1's. I never got my 12 because I was sick of not having traction!!!!! It was a great truck while I had it but very costly.