Progress Thread What Do These Hoses Attach Too?

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by Jeremy Batchelor, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Jeremy Batchelor

Jeremy Batchelor New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I posted this in the Mach 1 section a week ago, but no dice so far. I thought I'd try the general section.

I've got an '03 MAch 1 with a check engine light that has been on for a while now. I've ran the codes which showed a bad O2 sensor. I relpaced the sensor and the light is still on after resetting. Today I noticed two loose hoses coming out of the side of the intake. Actually, out of the side of the plastic/rubber shaker piece. They aren't attached to anything. I figured these hoses should run down towards the exhaust somewhere and hook up for emissions purposes, but I can't find a connection. Any ideas?

I've attached a pic. Hopefully it shows. Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]
  2. jetmech807

jetmech807 I get vag sore

I want to say those are drains hoses for water build up in the scoop. I'm probably wrong, but I think I've seen that somewhere before.
  3. Jeremy Batchelor

Jeremy Batchelor New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    You're right. I've been doing a little digging online and it turns out they're for water drainage like you said. Ford doesn't even make them anymore. Thanks for the confirmation.