WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THE 05 MUSTANG???

Jimbo7 said:
I mean, first we got the lard-butt abomination that was the 71-73 yacht, because the GMC General Manager came to Ford and brought his bigger is better mentality.

Hmmm, no one wan't to take credit for the 71 - 73 Stang. I've seen a film clip of Larry Shinoda where he claims the 71 Mustang design was already done before he and Knudsen (SP?) came to Ford. Shinoda says he and Bunkie used to call the 71 " The Aircraft Carrier".

So was he BSing us? I've read in books on FoMoCo that Knudsen & Shinoda did have a hand in the 71 Stang

If he was telling truth, who was responsible for the 71 - 73 Mustangs?

• Sponsors (?)

Stang2K5, Very nice! What do you think of the cloth interior? Everyone I have seen has the red leather interior upgrade. A local dealer in my area has a black 05 with cloth arriving in 2 weeks and he is going to call me when it arrives. Hopefully it will have Bullitts on it also.

The looks of the mustang are incredible. Looks great in pictures and in person. But the thing that threw me off was the feel of the interior. The plastics seemed cheap, and that's the only word I can come up with. The weight of the car does not justify the materials used. I have to hold off on a new vehicle due to insurance costs, if the 06 model has different interior materials, I'll pick one up in a heartbeat.

LilHog said:
Stang2K5, Very nice! What do you think of the cloth interior? Everyone I have seen has the red leather interior upgrade. A local dealer in my area has a black 05 with cloth arriving in 2 weeks and he is going to call me when it arrives. Hopefully it will have Bullitts on it also.

I put a down payment on my car before it arrived so no one else could take it. I also have the leather interior upgrade ... just not red :D

Finally seen a couple on the road, got to say all in all two thumbs up! About the only negative is that it looks a tad tall like alot of the cars of this era so it's right for the times. Lower it a bit with 18' wheels and it will be perfect :). Price is great and power, especially acceleration, for a regular ole' GT is awesome IMHO. It's a home run :).

351CJ said:
So was he BSing us? I've read in books on FoMoCo that Knudsen & Shinoda did have a hand in the 71 Stang

If he was telling truth, who was responsible for the 71 - 73 Mustangs?

Everything I have read says that Knudsen and Shinoda were. They say they weren't, well if you designed the 71-73 Mustang would you admit it?

Michael Yount said:
SVT - 2800 is HEAVY by Lotus standards. :) No -- I know what I want, and it's not a Lotus thanks very much. I'd like a domestic manufacturer to build a smaller, lighter weight, V8 powered sports car. But it probably won't happen, so I'll keep mixing/matching.

Helium is heavy by Lotus standards :D. Sounds like an original Cobra would fit your requirments perfectly. They tend to be a little pricey these days though.

My opinion about this car is that it has some definite pros & some blaring cons. I like the new style, as it is retro & retro is in right now. I like the turning radius, even on the GT; it turns way better than mine. I like the shifter position, being linked to the tranny rather than direct-mount like mine. I could add more but won't yet. Now to the downers. I don't like the split drive-shaft for durability purposes. I don't like the muffler location or the lack of functionless or functional scoops. They should've done functional scoops like on the Ford GT for the brakes. The brakes should've been quad-piston fronts. Oh, & I don't like that the car grew some 2 inches over mine. I think I might be done for now.