What do u think I'll run when my track re-opens?

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
Well, Track re-opens in Oct w/ new Surface.

last time i ran w/:
intake+tune (93octane) + off road h + flows + drag radials = 13.20 @ 105mph w/ bad 1.90 60ft.

when it re-opens I'll also have 4:10's, upper & lower control arms and i should also have on steeda under drive pullies.

any guess of where she could run at with right conditions?:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

hopefully you'll dip into teh 12's! That's my goal when the cooler weather comes, just got an xcal 3 last week and i'll cross my fingers for a 12.999 with a better 60'. I don't see why you wouldn't dip well into the 12's with good driving. Best of luck

Given favorable weather and traction, you should be able to pull off some 1.7-1.8 60' times and get real close to 12s if not there.
I've been unable to break the 12s since my 13.10 last September. I went back last month with new found power in the tune only to have the high heat and humidity rob it and run a best of 13.35:( I go back near the end of September in the cooler weather and hope to finally break into the 12s. However, by then I hope to have a few goodies installed (control arms and at least pullies if not also DS).

yah i figured i should be go for somewhere in the 12's. if i was doing 13.20-13.30's without gears, pullies and control arms. i should def be in the 12's w/ that NOT TO MENTION my track is gonna have a FRESH surface instead of what i was running on before which was i believe 10 or 15 year old track surface.

EXCITED

I predict you'll run a couple 12.90's and a bunch of 13.00's and your trap speed will drop just a tad bit (maybe 104 instead of the 105 you ran before). This is assuming decent cool October air. Any high heat, high humidity, or falling barometer, and your car will slow down, accordingly.

The key to taking advantage of the 4.10's is to improve the 60' times. With practice, you should be able to run 1.75 to 1.85 consistently instead of the 1.90's you noted. Every two tenths you improve the 60' time should improve your 1/4 mile ET by three tenths.

youll def. be in the 12s you have more mods than me . i have intake tune ,mac axle back . and 4;10s its an auto 06 gt . i hit 60ft 1.9 12.97 at 106.4 , and averaged 13.0s and when the car was hot 13.1 once 4;10s are good for 2 tenths . 2 tenths down low= 60ft is for up top