what do you do???

poneypower89

Now everyone in the world will know I wanna bang t
Dec 6, 2004
Indianapolis, Indiana
When you trying to changed out the pads on ur disc brakes and one of the caliper bolts is rusted, stuck, and on the verge of being completely stripped??? :shrug:

I battled with mine for 45 minutes, gave up on it... and put the wheel back on..

I would like to get this done though..

• Sponsors (?)

Ewwww... I don't know of a drill bit that'll go through a caliper bolt :scratch:

There's a special type of bit that'll grab onto the inside part that is stripped I think... try a CarQuest or Napa

I know I used to see them on TV

Rstang suggested pb blaster to me, and when wd40 didnt even come close to working pb blaster did. That stuff works great, give it a shot.

poneypower89 said:
thats +2 for the PB blaster.. its really that much better uh?

looks like I might have to make a run to the store.

yep spray it, let it sit, hit it a few times with something like a wrench like said before, spray some more, and let it sit. Spray some more, hit it some more, then get a good grip on it and give it all you got.

Wed. when I was changing my wheels, I had 2 studs compltley stripped, when I tried taking off the lug nuts, it felt like I was tightening them, sprayed pb blaster on them, hit them a few times with a hammer and screw driver, took some force but they came out.