What do you guys think about Lambo Doors?

Do you like Lambo Doors?

• I think they are cool!

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • I think they're rice, not for a Stang!

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • No doors at all! (Its A Jeep Thing, You Wouldn't Understand)

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

seriously my freind just put them on his car. Its a 95 gt Sonic Blue with the same kit as your car. I dont think it looks right at all. All the bodywork isnt finished yet, but it doesnt flow right. They look good on my freinds scion tc though:shrug:

Lambo style doors are fashion, and they can look well if done on the right car (i.e. a showcar) IMO, they're starting to get overdone, so I'm actually looking at taking a different route when funds finally allow

Are you talking about scissor doors?

Like this
ford_1994_1998_mustang_image1.jpg

Doesn't change the look of the car at all, it just makes the doors go up. I think it's awsome, but sooo not worth the money.

It would be better than suicides, that's for sure. But it is getting done alot now days (which is why I voted no). Gullwing would be cool (like the Ford GT). I didn't like the poll choice, lol. I don't think they're rice ..... but I just don't think they'd fit in with that awesome car of yours.

got dammit, i just typed a fool respones and lost it.

Ok, basically i said if its a show car and u got money to blow, then yes they are cool. But on anything else, no. They are a waste IMO. They still open like regular doors and u have to take an extra 5-10 seconds to flip them up, flip them down, then close them if u want to show people u have "lambo doors". Total waste IMO.

Now a local guy has a 99+ saleen thats a beautiful show car. He has the works on this thing. He also has tons of cash, so i see why he has the doors. But one time at a cruise, he was just going downthe strip going back 10mph with the doors up...looked freakin coool:drool: ANd he was the only car, let alone stang, out there with them. Talk about an attention grabber. :nice:

I wouldnt get them though since they are just like a regular door opening and closing. I do like suicides although i dont know how hard it is to get in or out. I like that they totally change how the door works, so it gets the cool points plus its something that will be there everytime.

I think they look good on the right car. Charlie's car in the above pic looks increadible with them IMO. I saw his car in person at Maple Grove last year and my jaw dropped. It suits his car PERFECTLY. As was said, I think its best saved for the true "show" car. I don't think a DD would look right at all with them. I do think your car can pull them off though! :nice:

go get the new delorian door setup for our cars... comes with a rocket booster and a back to the future decal free!

jk, ^ don't know what i was ranting about haha, but i don't think they're right for our cars unless you have 70G in a mustang and it fits the bill

SeventyMach1 said:
It would be better than suicides, that's for sure. But it is getting done alot now days (which is why I voted no). Gullwing would be cool (like the Ford GT). I didn't like the poll choice, lol. I don't think they're rice ..... but I just don't think they'd fit in with that awesome car of yours.

The doors in a Ford GT do not open like a Gullwing, and scissor doors are not for Mustangs.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
The doors in a Ford GT do not open like a Gullwing

Right. My bad, they always made me think that because the way the door & roof were made together. BTW, have some tact.

The ORIGINAL Gullwing's were nice (ex. Mercedes Roadster 280). The "modern" term for "gullwing" opens like scissor doors, but with a slight slant "out". If you ask me, they're not "real" gullwings.

This is a gullwing ..... named after it's look (like a seagull).

mbgullwing.jpg

Attachments

• mbgullwing.jpg
    mbgullwing.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 110