What do you guys think about the Pontiac G8?

• Sponsors (?)

That car is badass. I was following one on Woodward last week. It is sexy as hell. I would buy one for sure if I was in the market. I like my 97 F150 though. Rough, tough and still going.

I'm certainly glad that I don't have to entertain clients as Operations Mgr. I did the 4dr Nissan bug for a while, went back to a Mustang. Blizzaks are like AWD, I even had a Jeep guy pull over because he about sht a brick watching my wife take off from a corner, on a hill with 3" of snow on the road without spinning the tires, no trac control on the 04.

I guess it depends if you get a car allowance or not with the amount of miles you put on your vehicles.

I'd probably roll in a Rav4 AWD, easy for people to get in and out of, but not too big and 269 hp moves it along just fine.

Trailblazer SS AWD will get the job done as well if you like 12 mpg.

The G8 aint GR8 plus its a GM product be loyal to your fox and get a FORD:nonono:

No flame here but what does Ford build that is comparable? Exactly! NOTHING. I like my Mustang but LOVE my '04 Bonneville GXP w/ V8 power. Granted it's FWD, but blows '08 GT's off the road w/ the same 4.6 liter engine. Oh did I forget that it's a 32 valve V8, something Ford has problems with installing in Mustangs.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 63
If you want to find out more about the G8, You can go to GM's Australian subsidiary, Holden Mtrs and search for the Holden "Commodore". This is the model the G8 is a derivitive of. The GXP version will be 403 HP and available w/ either an Auto or 6-speed. After the Camaro debuts and the GXP is unveiled, looks like the Mustang is going to be at the bottom of the barrel again. I think Ford needs to be a little more proactive if they want to sell cars.

Why cant any of these cool V8's be AWD??

If you guys saw the hill i have to drive up to get to my house, you'd understand why i really don't want another RWD car. I park my car on a 30 degree slope. There have been days i couldn't even get into my driveway

what about a fusion or a taurus? the fusion (221hp) is close to the power you want (the new taurus 3.5l is 263), both are sedans and have available awd with automatics, and for not too much cash (relatively speaking anyway).

I believe next year the G8 is going to have a v8 AWD platform if i'm not mistaken..

Guy at my work has a new g37.. i think its nasty.. The 03-04 6 speed g35's (2 door with the brembo's) are bad asssssss.. But you don't want 2 door :D

Also with the TL redesign next year, they will be releasing an AWD verson.. Even the current version, my buddys father has an 04 TL.. 265 hp v6, hauls ass on the highway, and 34 mpg. Boo Yaa

Look in to an 06/07 Mazdaspeed 6. You should be able to get a fully loaded one for mid to low 20's with leather, nav, moonroof, keyless entry, HID's and all. Mine gets around 23-24mpg in the city with 10,000km on it. Turbo 4 cylinder with 270hp, 280ft/lbs, AWD, 0-60 in 5.4 seconds, runs 13.9's at sea level with a good driver and it doesn't look racy at all like an STI or an EVO. Looks very classy and sedated all things considered.

Something to look in to...I love mine.

And they take awesome to mods. 40hp from Full exhaust :D

Oh, I thought I would take the opportunity to pic whore mine... :p

mazda1he7.jpg

mazda3ev1.jpg