What do you guys think?

DcDisturbed947

Jun 2, 2003
Ok so here's the deal, a client gave me a pair of subwoofers for my car. Really nice ones, won't even fit in trhough the trunk, if I were to put them in I have to them in through the back seat by lowering the seats.
Anyways, the thing is, everything in her life has gone wrong for this lady. I feel really bad, but her husband's missing half his brain, and her daughter just died. Now the subs were her daughters. We were outside her house talking about something, and when she sees my car she's like oh wow very nice car blah blah blah, and she asks me if I have a system. I siad no so she just gave it to me. Of course I ddin't know how to thank her and stuff and I felt bad cuase it was her daughter's who actually just passed away like 2 months ago.
Well anyways, I get home pretty happy that I just got some nice subs for my car, when I show my mom she's like, yeah you're not putting that in your car.
The reason is, she believes in the whole thing about how someone's possesions kinda carry over some things. I don't know how to explain it, but like, since the subs belonged to this girl who died, getting surgery actually to lose weight, then they were at this lady's home who poor lady can't have anything go right in her life, and now my mom belives that if I put it on my car that something bad may happen to me.
Now when she first says this I laugh and think she's joking, but then I see that she was serious. She told me I can do whatever I want, but she odesn't want me putting them on.
Of course since I don't belive in this stuff I said I would put them on anyways.
All of this happened yesterday ok...so then whatever at night I go to bed, and this is the same night that I got them, and I have a dream where everything goes wrong, and finally, after everything in the dream is going wrong, I lose my wallet, and in the dream I'm thinking, "damn WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING WRONG?? I think I should take the subs out of my car!!!"
lol freaky coincidence or what?
What would you guys do in my situation? Don't worry about a thing and just install them?

• Sponsors (?)

i think we like to call that a premenition!
but anyway, why risk it. i dont believe in it either... but the fact that that would be in the back of your head might make something go wrong, u know?
i recomend selling them (on ebay?) and then buying new ones...

LOL quite a situation you got there but what i would do is if you got a good job or whatever sell them on E-bay or to a friend (just get em away from you) and buy new ones with the money u got for selling them and a little more. Cuz if yur having dreams about Subs somethings wrong. (With you not the subs are possesed or however you spell it)

I thought about the e-bay thing.
Believe on this stuff or not, anybody who had this happen to would have it in the back of their minds after they were installed.
I think I'll just sell them, its not one of my priorities to put subs on my car, and I can definitly use the money
Or maybe I could give them as a present to someone I don't like, hehe

i think you should keep them and install them i think that you were thinking about what your mom said too much and was also excited about the subs too! in conclusion you were thinking about stuff too much therefor you dreamed about it therefor freaking you out. thats my $.02.

stealth

DcDisturbed947 said:
I thought about the e-bay thing.
Believe on this stuff or not, anybody who had this happen to would have it in the back of their minds after they were installed.
I think I'll just sell them, its not one of my priorities to put subs on my car, and I can definitly use the money
Or maybe I could give them as a present to someone I don't like, hehe
well, not if they didnt know the story! then they would just think they got one hell of a deal on some nice subs... i bought some speakers (the ones in the bottom of the door) for like 5 bux from someone off of ebay (the shipping was like 6 bux, kinda sad that it was more than the product, and not a huge overprice like 20 bux for shipping on some vynal decals, lol) (i thought my passenger side was busted, then it was fine after i won them while they were being shipped...)
who knows, maybe the speakers came out of a car crash in which 5 people died? do i care... no, have i thought of it, not until now!
and what i meant about being 'in the back of your mind' is you would be thinking of it, it would get you scared, and you would crash *knock on wood*

Ghostalker said:
well, not if they didnt know the story! then they would just think they got one hell of a deal on some nice subs... i bought some speakers (the ones in the bottom of the door) for like 5 bux from someone off of ebay (the shipping was like 6 bux, kinda sad that it was more than the product, and not a huge overprice like 20 bux for shipping on some vynal decals, lol) (i thought my passenger side was busted, then it was fine after i won them while they were being shipped...)
who knows, maybe the speakers came out of a car crash in which 5 people died? do i care... no, have i thought of it, not until now!
and what i meant about being 'in the back of your mind' is you would be thinking of it, it would get you scared, and you would crash *knock on wood*
:stupid:Thats trippy

Ghostalker said:

well of course you don't care about where they came from or what could've happened, and maybe you wouldn'd care if you did know the story, but its more likely that you would.
I knew the story, and never in a million years would all this have crossed my mind, if it wasn't for my mom telling me about it.

First off, I don't believe in that stuff. Second, your dreams are based in part by what is going on around you in your life. Since your mother was so adament about you not putting the stuff in your car, and obviously you wanted them bad enough to go against her wishes, you were experiencing inner turmoil because you obviously don't want to hurt your mother's feelings and you love her as well. When you hit the sack, your brain went off into it's own little world and created your nightmare based on what took place that day, trying to hash out the morals of your actions.

What I would do is put the speakers in anyway, and then have your mother go talk to a shrink. I would go back to the lady's house and offer to mow her lawn and do some yard work for her, so you remove any guilt about taking advantage of people who are obviously under stress and are in need of help themselves considering their situation.