what do you guys think?

Soontoown1

Aug 26, 2004
Well i wanted to say hi since i will becoming a fellow stang owner (again) :D here in a couple weeks. I used to have a stage two roush before i totalled it and then bought a vette. Thought i would get more ass in it. I was wrong and i bought it while i was dating my ex so I just sold my vette and am coming back to the wonderful world of the mustang.
I was wondering what you guys thought of this car

http://classifieds.stangnet.com/showproduct.php?product=5640&sort=1&cat=18&page=1

I was thinking i should take out the vortech, sell it for some cash and then go with a kenne bell. Any opinions? maybe a blower cam package as well. What would you guys do? These cobra motors can take a lot of punishment can't they? There is a guy down here with an 03 he put a bell blower on and with 23psi on stock (yes stock) motor he is putting down close to 800rwhp. I was thinking of going this route. Just looking for insight and wanted to say hi and am glad to be a part of it.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like something I’d be interested in, but I know the wife would say no! Personally, living in California some things I would worry about would be if it would smog, and how the registration is on it. Dose it have a clean title?

If it all checks out and the condition is as good as stated I would pay around 18k, and then get rid of the wood kit, and complete the “R” look with the wing, side pipes, rear bumper, seats, exc.

Also the 03+ Cobra motors have beefed up internals so you can get by with 700hp, I wouldn’t go with more than 10psi personally on a stock 99 motor I have seen to many blow up! :nonono:

J.m.o. :nice:

hey thanks man i was just wondering about it. i think i am going to dump the vortec and go kenne bell. i figure i can get about 2k or a little more for it so i can afford the new blower i am thinking with what extra money i got. i am planning on finishing the body kit. thanks for the input

I think gemex is spot on with cleaning/finishing the Cobra R look. :nice:

Also like he said the 03/04 bottom ends are built a little stronger than the 99 and 01s. The KB unit for the 99 and 01 DOHC motors are on the streets but in limited quanities so contact KB and see how that is going. REF.

G/L :nice: