What do you love most about your stang?

MrGame

Nov 8, 2006
I figured this would be an interesting thread...what is it that you love most about your stang? Things like the feel, or the style, or the sound, or of course the violent acceleration you experience every time you mash that gas pedal :D

Me? I love the sound and that 'the seat is dropping out from under me' feeling

• Sponsors (?)

ive been asked many times "i thought brembo brakes were red." i also love explaining what springs i used to lower the car. also love revving the car at a light with pedestrians waiting the cross the street. ive had hippie types tell me my car is offensive to the environment. i usually respond with "thats why i like it"

I like the compliments. Especially when the females stop and ask me if its fast. :D
All it takes is a ride and I get the phone number. Is it the car or me? :shrug: My parents ask me why I dont have a girl friend. I tell them when you got a pocketfull of numbers why pick one. :p They dont like that answer. lol

THis...... http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ju5r7z1y4U

And this......

11-25-06Pics028.jpg

Attachments

• 11-25-06Pics028.jpg
    11-25-06Pics028.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 57
What I loved most about my old Fox, was that it was a simple, easy to work on inexpensive sports car that anyone could own, build and make fast without breaking the bank or burning brain cells. It had a simple, no nonsense look that screamed "I'm gonna kick your ass if you look at me the wrong way!". Owning a Mustang with a V8 under the hood meant instant cool, no matter what year or model it was.

What I love most about my Cougar......is that it's not my old Fox. It's more reliable, faster, handles, stops and rides better than my Fox ever did. It's got a far roomier and plusher interior and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to drive across country with it, then take it drag racing the next day. I like the fact that it's not a Mustang....that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea and it doesn't attract all kinds of negative attention from would be competitors.....that it's rarely even considered a sports car and is almost always underestimated......yet is more than capable of running with and in most cases away from pretty much every stock north American built car short of a Z06 built today, within the first blip of the throttle.

I like gripping the wheel, dropping the hammer in first, grabbing second very fast, and having to fight the car to keep it in a straight line untill the end of 2nd gear, hitting 3rd and taking the hell off.

I love looking at it WAY more than driving it.
Other cars handle better, go faster, stop better, ride better, and are far more technologically superior.
The mustang is like the chopper of the motorcycle world, you can make them work hard, but you can tell it doesnt want to play.

Although mine is still stock in the power dept. I like when others rev at me.I get a chuckle out of it.Also the looks I get while cruising around.Never got much attention till I added the DD's and lowered it.Cant wait till the day I can afford to supercharge it,maybe get a little more respect.