What do you think about these wheels?

BLK_DVL

Sep 18, 2003
Hillsboro, Or
I have to decide what I want to do to my car. I have a limited amount of $ for the rest of the year to spend on mods :(

So, its either I order these rims, lower the car with the stock bolts, and get my windows tinted.
thumb1.jpg

or..

I go buy the B&B bullet catback/xpipe, tint my windows, and keep the stock rims and lower it the free way.

bulletsys_quadroundtips.jpg

c6_xpipe.jpg

Which would you do?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't care for those wheels, but that is just me. I have seen them on other Vettes and did not like the look. IMHO. Sorry Jesse.

I would do the exhaust first. Wait to see what the Z06 wheels look like and maybe get them in Black Chrome. :nice:

Patrick

Well, since lowering Corvette's is free, I'd definitely do that. And although I like that wheel, I also like the stock ones, so I'd do exhaust first. And limo tint :)

And... Earth to Patrick... you need to do the exhaust too, buddy...

Dave

Rootus said:
Well, since lowering Corvette's is free, I'd definitely do that. And although I like that wheel, I also like the stock ones, so I'd do exhaust first. And limo tint :)

And... Earth to Patrick... you need to do the exhaust too, buddy...

Dave

:D :rlaugh: :lol:

I have my own game plan....

Brakes first.
Then exhaust, intake, wheels, and etc......

Patrick

Ya your right the rims dont look very good on the car, thanks for posting that up Patrick.I guess Ill just wait until next year probally and pick up come CCWs or something. Like said many times on here, the stock wheels look pretty good as is.

I seen that you were looking at that set off CCWs over on the vette forums, you going to buy those? Nice rims.

Looks like I am going to just go ahead and do the exhaust,tint, and lower (if anyone wants to help I wont turn it down. Dont know where anything is on a vette. Supposed to be easy, only unloosening a bolt.), and because I when I start I cant stop I may even throw in a intake (red Haltech Stinger of course). :nice: :D

Ill wait on the Long tubes and cam until next year when more tuning is available. ANd then upgrade to any Z06 suspension parts I can.

SonicBSnake said:
Ya your right the rims dont look very good on the car, thanks for posting that up Patrick.I guess Ill just wait until next year probally and pick up come CCWs or something. Like said many times on here, the stock wheels look pretty good as is.

I seen that you were looking at that set off CCWs over on the vette forums, you going to buy those? Nice rims.

Looks like I am going to just go ahead and do the exhaust,tint, and lower (if anyone wants to help I wont turn it down. Dont know where anything is on a vette. Supposed to be easy, only unloosening a bolt.), and because I when I start I cant stop I may even throw in a intake (red Haltech Stinger of course). :nice: :D

Ill wait on the Long tubes and cam until next year when more tuning is available. ANd then upgrade to any Z06 suspension parts I can.

The guy never got back to me. Plus it was not that great a deal. I can get brand new CCWs for a couple of hundred more. No loss.

I would help you if I knew for sure how to do it. I don't plan on lowering mine. It scraps on everything as it is. I catch my driveway all the time. Forget about pulling out fast.

Rogue Cobra said:
I am looking into that. I am not sure I want to wait.
I was curious as to the stock specs for the C6 brakes, so I googled it. And found this post... look familiar? :D

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Rogue C6 said:
Does anyone know the differences between the C6 base to the Z51 and Z06. I am trying to figure out what brakes to use in upgrading my base C6.

Rotor size?
Are the Calipers different?
SS lines?
4 piston - 6 piston?
fronts and rears?

Thanks,
Patrick

I then went on to do more research, and came up with this. Numbers are diameter x thickness.

Base 2005 Corvette:
front: 12.8 x 1.26, two-piston calipers
rear: 12.0 x 1, one-piston caliper

Z51:
front: 13.4 x 1.26 cross drilled, two-piston calipers
rear: 13.0 x 1 cross drilled, one-piston calipers

Z06:
front: 14 x ? cross-drilled, six-piston calipers
rear: 13.4 x ? cross-drilled, four-piston calipers