What do you think about these?

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Since I only ran a best of 14.1 @ 99.8mph with a 2.3 60' I decided to pull a few plugs and see if my car is running lean or rich and this is what they looked like (little darker than the picture because of the cameras flash) Do they look normal or running a little lean? My car will backfire every once in awhile, idle is pretty steady around 900rpm.

I still have the stock injectors/pump on my car. I'm just a little mad becaue my car should have been an easy 13sec car at the track, but ran consistant 14.4's all night :mad:
sparkplug.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks lean, hard to tell with the flash. I bet that pop was a lean pop. Can't believe your car will even run normal with the stock injectors. When I did the heads, cam I tried to run it with 19's. Had to buy 24# injectors and 190 LPH the next day. Lean, pop, car would run a little hot all the signs. Tried turning up the fuel pressure (54psi). Got a tad better but uncomfortable to me. According to your time it's about 40 HP down on power. Traps should have been in the 104-106 MPH range easy.

What would you recomend me to do up until I get new injectors? Money is a little short right now and I'm going to be ordering a t-lock rebuild and 3.73's with my next paycheck.