What do you think i should get ?

cobraii74x

Aug 27, 2003
Altoona, PA
I have a little cash to spend and when i get down to the things i need i still have like $150.. does anybody know of any mods or anything i could do...besides the carb and intake...that would give me a litttle bang for my buck ?

• Sponsors (?)

cobraii74x said:
I have a little cash to spend and when i get down to the things i need i still have like $150.. does anybody know of any mods or anything i could do...besides the carb and intake...that would give me a litttle bang for my buck ?

get a decent grind on a camshaft will get you more low end torque

cam and lifters must replace as a set around 100 bucks some speedshops.

I am not sure of what has or has not been done to your car. I would recommend headers and dual exhaust as the best bang for the buck although it is alot of work. I would do this or the cam kit suggested previously before an intake and carb. Until your engine can breath and deal with the extra fuel a four barrel would do little to improve your performance.

HaveII said:
I am not sure of what has or has not been done to your car. I would recommend headers and dual exhaust as the best bang for the buck although it is alot of work. I would do this or the cam kit suggested previously before an intake and carb. Until your engine can breath and deal with the extra fuel a four barrel would do little to improve your performance.

I would have to agree on this one, an engine is no better getting tons of fuel and not enough breathability, than it is just standing stock. Go for the dual exhaust and headers, you will notice the difference almost immediately!! :nice: