What do you think i should run?

dlaul01

Apr 2, 2005
OK so my gears get installed on saturday im doing ford 3.73s. I just dont want to run and be kicking my car because its slow so if you guys tell me around what i'll run i wont expect more out of it.

Mods are cobra intake 70mm maf cobra injectors.. 3.73s

Mac off road h with no cats and flowmaster american thunder stystem

"Its a convertable so keep that in mind"

• Sponsors (?)

What should you run? That combo should be capable of mid-low 14's at 96-97mph on street tires at near stock weight.

What will you run? It depends on how much drag racing experience you have. Assuming you haven't raced much go expecting HIGH 14's at around 94mph give or take. Do your best to negate wheel spin off the line and get that 60' into the 2.0 range.

For comparison sake I ran a 14.3 at 97.2mph with a 2.08 60' on street tires with:
-Edelbrock performer intake
-65mm TB
-ASP pulleys
-FMS shorty unequal length headers
-bassani offroad X pipe
-2 chamber flowmasters in the stock catback
-13* timing
-K&N with a removed air silencer

To that I added nitto drag radials and a homemade CAI and I dropped to a 13.83 at 98.5mph with a 1.91 60'. This is at a 1250' elevation track.

Oops, i assumed you had pulleys and just realized that they were on your old car. So now I'd say its capable of mid 14's at 95mph and that you should go expecting 15.0-14.9 at 93mph or so. ASP pulleys dropped me from a 14.96 at 91.5 to a 14.62 at 94.89mph under similar weather conditions.

Thanks man hey when do you go up to pittsburgh raceway? Im up their alot we were just up their last night and i finally got my best time of the year in my g/fs car a 14.4 she has a srt-4 its completly stock..

dlaul01 said:
OK so my gears get installed on saturday im doing ford 3.73s. I just dont want to run and be kicking my car because its slow so if you guys tell me around what i'll run i wont expect more out of it.

Mods are cobra intake 70mm maf cobra injectors.. 3.73s

Mac off road h with no cats and flowmaster american thunder stystem

"Its a convertable so keep that in mind"

I'd be hesitant to run a car you can't even get to idle correctly. You swapped to a different MAF and different injectors, but didn't modify the tune. Thats why you're having driveability issues. Personally I'd fix whats broken before you go ahead and break more stuff.

Adam

The idle does still do that sometimes id give it does it about 10 times out of 50 real rare now. Im going to try to get the iac spacer if that doesnt work i will get it looked at, at b and r and get charged a million dollars. It doesnt effect the driving or idle it just stalls. after its warm sometimes. I will get it fixed before i run tho..

dlaul01 said:
Thanks man hey when do you go up to pittsburgh raceway? Im up their alot we were just up their last night and i finally got my best time of the year in my g/fs car a 14.4 she has a srt-4 its completly stock..

I used to practically live there. I haven't been up much in the last two years though. My car has actually been down since April of 2005 as I blew it up at my first track outing of the year down at Cecil County Dragway. I've been up there since when my dad is racing his '91, but neither of us have raced yet this year. My car should be done in a few weeks and I may start coming up more.

Nice times on the SRT! I mentioned in your other thread that there is a local stang site you should check out, its http://www.steelcitystangs.com and a bunch of us guys from PRP are on there.

Now that I know you race at PRP, I'll tell you exactly what I ran there from the time it was stock for comparisons sake:

Stock: 15.2 at 90

above with offroad X pipe, 3.73's, K&N w/ removed air silencer, HD clutch, and flowmaster mufflers in the stock catback: 15.0 at 91mph

above with 13* timing: 14.96 at 91.5mph

above with ASP pulleys: 14.6 at 94.89mph

above with E-brock intake, 65mm TB, shorty headers: 14.3 at 97.2mph

above with nitto DR's and a homemade CAI: 13.83 at 98.55mph

above with AFR165 heads, FTI cam, 4.10's, 24lb injectors, 190lph pump, eec tuner: 12.7 at 107

above with et streets, TKO trans, eaton posi, and 31 spline axles: 12.5 at 108

above with shortbelt: 12.4 at 109

I then stopped racing at PRP and went to MD tracks to get better times. I also added a tubular K member, bogart skinnies up front, removed the pass. seat and that's when I ran the 12.02 at 112.

Awesome times gives me some idea of what i can do.. my buddys vert is pretty sick he has alot of money into it ill post pictures of it later. But i just got mine i got a good deal so i picked it up at 5800 not bad the car is in great condition just cant figure out the stalling problem? its not as bad now that i changed the iac.

But yea im up keystone all the time i previously owned a 90 foxbody black it was owned by outta control racing... i bought it from them then they bought it back "thats out your way i beleive" I bought this mustang and trying to get her in the 13.s but for now i have been running my g/fs srt. Ill check out the site and i look forward to taking a look at your car..