What do you think of these wheels?

• Sponsors (?)

woah, are the like... black chrome or am i blind? very nice anyhow, you gotta love 'knock offs' as they were, but there really high quality, and you can get them in crazy different variations than stock (like my offset bullitts... huge... lol)

YA, I really like them and think they will look great on my car, it was either these or the deepdish black bullits but I like these better because noone has them yet. And yes, it is black chrome.

The Brahma Bull said:
I dont like black wheels. They look to much like spare tires.

I used to like them...on copcars. But ricers have ruined the whole look.

Dark wheels look good, but they have to have some silver. Like Torq Thrust D's.

I don't doubt those wheels will look good on your car. But IMO, 18x9 is WAY too overkill for a V6.

another thing, you know those FR500 rims? those things look pretty damn kool by themselves, but i think tey would just look misplaced on anything other than the FR500 itself... while the bullitts and machs look good all the time =D

Thank you for all the great input, the wheels go on thursday so I will post pictures when they are on. I am hoping to get red brake calipers, does anyone know where I could get those? Thanks!

egthareal said:
Thank you for all the great input, the wheels go on thursday so I will post pictures when they are on. I am hoping to get red brake calipers, does anyone know where I could get those? Thanks!

Probably more cost effective to paint them yourself. You can buy the paint at almost any parts store.

remember to buy some "Brakeleen" or brake clean... or something aswell! spray thm down with that before hand, dry, then prep the area and go all our with the red, i did that a couple months ago, the results are VERY pleasing.

I used VHT paint on the calipers, but for some reason have a full can of Plasti-kote paint, in red, for up to 1500 degrees (and it recomends use on exhaust components and such), but i dont think it is 'break dust resistant' like the VHT stuff, which i got from like.. autozone or some local auto store i believe. And they are as red as the day we painted them, "Racing Red" is the color for the VHT paint.
i have also seen kits, packaged together at auto stores, break caliper cleaner and paint, so that would be pretty good... i think its either plasti-kote or VHT. i am extremely informative
also, bright blue paint would be crazy... and very out of the ordinary, along with yellow, that is, if its not too 'ricey' for you! lol

very nice, i actually am recomending them to one of my friends with a 00' Mustang GT (auto, lol, were so mean to him about it too) he would get them off the same ebay auction (i can tell its the same, u used the same pic for the rims originally, lol)

edit- its silver, so were not sure how its going to look, we will try to photoshop em on there or something beforehand, lol, also he is making that a theme, he wants the balck anodized aluminum gas door from mustangtuning.com with GT written on it... who knows? lol

BABstangV6 said:
What do you mean by, "overkill for a V6"?

Why would a V6 need a tire that wide? It's not like we're making ****loads of torque that aren't getting to ground with normal tires.
All you're doing is killing your wallet by hurting your gas mileage and paying more for tires. In my opinion it's not worth it. But I don't know; I guess some of you guys get off on putting money into these cars that depreciate faster than dirt.

The wheels look awesome on the black car. :nice: I just think 17x8 is adequate for these cars.

lol, I agree they do depreciate faster than dirt. But if I'm goign to have this car for the next 4-5years, its going to look good while im driving it. Same goes for most of my possessions I like to keep them in quality condition and looking nice right down to my shoes.

actually, i cant find those black chrome in anything other than 18, they look damn sweet, and those ones came with tires
right now they are going for $590+130 shipping...
the auction ends tommoro, so if it didnt get much higher id say it was a good deal..? my 17' charcoal Bullits were 300 used (about 3000 or so on them), with tires (they sucked...) and 125 shipping, from ebay, lol, and they are very special, as i have said 1 million times, with the huge offset in the rear...