What do you think of this Capri?

I sold my Notch about a month ago and have been looking for a Capri or a T-Top fox in decent shape to do somthing with. An older guy called me with this. '83, original paint and decals, interior looks great, enginge, not bad, to be expected really, says it runs and shifts like new. Guys first price is $2750, haven't gone to look at it yet or negotiate price. IT looks pretty dam clean for an '83 if you ask me. I think it looks like it has good potential. What do you guys think?

100_0252.jpg

100_0237.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0227.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah it does have the PR interior, but have you ever seen PR interior this clean in an '83? It looks almost spotless in the pics. It's a stock car too which is good. I've got some brand new Cobra R's that would make it a straping hot vehicle if you ask me.

Actually, somebdy photoshop some R's on there for me if you have a minute. Thanks.

Yep, I thought it looked like a good deal. The guy is old I think. He first contacted me while he was on vacation and said it has 120k, original paint and decals, runs and drives great, and when he got back he'd uncover it and take it out of the barn for some pics so I think it's just been sitting. I talked with his wife and I'm sure their are old and retired and have probably had this thing for years sitting in the barn.

How rare are the t-tops on Capris? I'm for sure going to look at this thing. I like it exept for the decals and wheels.

That's as nice of a capri, much less a t-top capri you are going to find. I'd be all over that if that's what you're looking for.

Well I posted an ad asking for people with T-Top foxes or Murcury Capris that they want to get rid of let me know, and this is the first one that actually read the ad and didn't call me with a rusted out GT or notch (without T-tops). The car looks like it's in really good condition for a 20+ year old car.

I've gotta go drive this thing tomorrow. I think I will.

I'd say go for it, but being that it's been in storage, be absolutely sure you give it an oil change and a new fuel filter PRONTO. Frankie and I are still trying to get the poopie sludge cleaned out of her '86 GT after it's been sitting for 3 years in the prior owner's garage. The fuel positively looked like MUD when we unhooked the first fuel filter! :eek: