what do you think of this???

• Sponsors (?)

I have always tried to stay away from those, it seems like they would put a lot more stress on the bolts. But if the back spacing was right on the rims they should work ok. I wouldn't have them on I car I drove hard though.

and what would you call it. I'm thinking of putting one on my car, was wondering about backspace, size etc...... Sounds like tech to me.

If you were to have phrased your original questions as "how will the backspacing of these spacers affect my setup?" then it would have been a technical thread...

but you just said.. "what do you think?"

Thats an open ended talk type question.

Either way, im not here to bust your balls. Just say'n.

And to answer "what I think"... just look up some of joe's old threads.. he had a wheel come completely off his car while driving on the highway because of the extra stress spacers put on the studs.

I would just do it the right way. You could go cheap and just get 88 Lincoln LSI front rotors and use 2 Ranger left rear axles and Ranger drums. I think its the left I know its 2 of one side. been awhile since I made a swap.

And to answer "what I think"... just look up some of joe's old threads.. he had a wheel come completely off his car while driving on the highway because of the extra stress spacers put on the studs.

More than likely due to improper installation rather than "the extra stress spacers put on the studs". I've never seen or heard of a problem actually caused by a spacer, just anecdotal internet gossip.

I wouldn't have any problem with running a quality spacer to create space for running a larger rear tire, but these would surely mess with your steering geometry and would require using a completely different wheel than any that would normally fit a 5-lug Mustang. If you tried to run a Bullitt wheel the edge of the tire would actually stick out beyond the front fenders.

like he mentions in the ad...youre gonna need 06gt wheels most likely...and thats all your gonna be able to run.

if you want cheap do the lincoln/ranger conversion which is very safe and then you can run even more wheel choices

Do yourself a favor....do a real swap. Something like that is just asking for trouble.

As a side note, remember, Grade-8 bolts have great tensile strenght, but not very much sheer strength. They'll hold things inline w/ the bolt forever, but for perpendicualr wieight, they just break instead of bend like Grade-5 bolts do.

on our 86, the back spacing wasent right so we had to buy spacers. still is four lug. but since we have had them on we havent had any problems. what the spacing is idk. and its spacers like in the pic but it just gives it a different offset and keeps it four lug.

edit:

i was also too looking them, i dont want to drop this much money into the car with a 5 lug swap not knowing how long i will have it or if i will drop a V8 in it later or get what i really want( a 85-86 gt hatch or 91 lx 5.0) so i too was thinking of buying these with some 17*8 bullets.