What do you think.

Svtpilot

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
Long Island, NY
In my opinion the best looking of the classic mustangs is the 69-70 Sportsroof (what Ford called the Fastback after 69). I took a 05 based Mach 1 from wallapaper I downloaded and tweaked it to look more like a 69 I added "shoulders" by making the rearquarters sweep up after the door. I place the quarter panel scoupes in the same position as on the 69,and eliminated the existing "scoup" I increased the rearward rake of the grill, and lastly I added 69-70 style quarter windows. I am not good with photoshop so I had to use MS paint so the quality is not great .Anyway here it is, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• MY MACH.JPG
    MY MACH.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Sponsors (?)

I get your idea and in a perfect world Ford would build it this way. But, it would be a mistake to do so. Although I would love it. Considering future styling considerations, Ford has to have a car that can evolve in its current state. I am quite excited about this current cars potential and future design. But, where does it go after the current style is beyond tweaking?

nope, wrong about the year that was great

couldnt disagree more,, the 69 was starting to look ugly and ungainly,,,, the best years were 65 to 67.. no question,,,, the later years got worse and worse as they went along,,,,,, a 65 to 67 shelby was by far the best, and most coveted,

alan64 said:
couldnt disagree more,, the 69 was starting to look ugly and ungainly,,,, the best years were 65 to 67.. no question,,,, the later years got worse and worse as they went along,,,,,, a 65 to 67 shelby was by far the best, and most coveted,

Well I didn't say that the 69-70 were most coveted, I just said I thought they looked best.If I could have any Mustang made my first choice would be a 65 Shelby GT350 and 2nd would be 68 GT fastback w/ the 428 CJ. But I still think the 69-70s are better looking.
You may have your years a little mixed up anyway as the 67-68s were identical and the mustags got big and ugly in 1971-73

I have a 1969 Mach 1, and I love the looks of it....

but your wrong......in 69 they extended the nose like 4", so thats when they started to get big, but I DO LOVE them.....

the look of your chop is good however....

Svtpilot said:
..... is the 69-70 Sportsroof (what Ford called the Fastback after 69).

Not quite, officially what the public called a "fastback" was ALWAYS called a "Sportsroof" by Ford all the way through 1973 for both Mustangs and Torinos.

I checked my copies for Ford's buying guides for 72 & 73 to verify this before posting.

PS. Nice chop, I agree '69 - '70 were the best of the original generation Mustangs.