What do you think?

OUFan22

Apr 25, 2005
Lumberton, Texas
I am seriously thinking of purchasing a '06 GT coupe. The MSRP on the car I like is $28,375 and the invoice price is $26,532. How low do you think I can get the dealer down to before applying the $1,500 rebate? I was planning on offering $24,875 before the rebate. I am near the Houston area if that matters.

Actually, we may buy two vehicles at once . The other is a loaded '06 Eddie Bauer Expedition that stickers for $45,905 with an invoice price of $40,730. Buying two vehicles should give us some bargaining power in addition to the 2007 models being out for both cars. What you you pay on this one before rebates?

What do you think about requesting 0% APR for both? I don't think they will go for it but if they want to sell two vehicles near the end of the month when they have plenty of last years models still on the lot, I figure why not ask and see.

Thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

I got my dealer to give me the keys to my '06 GT Coupe for $26K (before taxes and extended Warranty). The retail was $32,300. I think that $26K is a good deal if you are getting all of the upgrades (like I did). IMO...

Reign696 said:
I got my dealer to give me the keys to my '06 GT Coupe for $26K (before taxes and extended Warranty). The retail was $32,300. I think that $26K is a good deal if you are getting all of the upgrades (like I did). IMO...
I would say you got a great deal. I finally picked up an '06 GT premium yesterday. It is legend lime, parchment leather interior, manual transmission, Shaker1000, 18" premium wheels, active anti-theft system, side air bags, IUP, and locking lug nuts. The MSRP was $30,345 and I paid $27,500 including window tinting. I am satisfied with the purchase and absolutely love the car, especially the color combination. You don't see many legend lime GT's with parchment leather and a manual tranny. Also, the Shaker1000 rocks!

Deric said:
You can get 06 GT's for around 24000 fully loaded. 0% financing isn't bad either. Oh as a former resident of OK. "Go Sooners"
Good to see another Okie on here. BTW, my name is Deric too, it's spelled Derek though. By the way you spell yours I would bet that I am older than you.

Boomer Sooner!!!

Reign696 said:

That's a great deal. Was that under the 0% financing promotion?

Last weekend I got my 06 GT

Torch Red, Premium Edition, Automatic
IUP, Wheel Locking Kit
18" Premium Aluminum Wheels

MSRP: $29,370

Paid: $27,318 (which is supposed to be x-plan price)
$199 for etched windows theft guard option (they put that on all their cars)

$28,670 after TTL, out the door. 0% financing for 60 months.