what do you use to dry off your car?

• Sponsors (?)

94SC50 said:
Damn novices! :rlaugh:
$29.95 200MPH LEAF BLOWER @ HD or Lowes and it doesn't have to be 200. (I use a 230 mph 2 speeds)

No water spots, no swirl marks, no drips when you drive off, no drips out of the mirrors, no water in the lug nut holes, door jams, etc..... :nice:
Try it and I guarantee you'll love it. Been using one for about 8 years now and never dry my car by hand wiping again and nothing beats it. :D

I probably would use the leaf blower if I had a $10,000 paint job on my car as well. :rlaugh:

There are a few exceptions in using a leaf blower.
You have to be in the shade to really take full advantage of it or yes it will leave water spots. The way to combat this is to keep the car soaking dripping wet until you are ready to dry it off. If it starts to dry with sun and heat from your paint temps then it will spot. Keep your car misted and cool and when you start to dry start with the top and parts the sun is hitting hardest.
The other is you gotta have juice and a long ext cord but if you set up your cord and LB before you wash it will ready to go as soon as you spray it down for a final misting. If you have no shade in your area then just keep the car cool and wet especially on the glass. :nice:

New Leaf blower owner here, and I love it !!! I read about this last winter and waited to find one on sale. I bought a Weed Eater from Walmart for $25. I used to buy a new Cali Waterblade every year but the same $25 got me a leafblower !!
The biggest bitch of washing my car was drying, now I can get it done in less than 15 minutes, my car will be washed atleast once a week now....