What does this look like to you guys - found on the magnet on my oil drain plug

• Sponsors (?)

wouldnt worry about it too much if the car runs fine. has there been any recent changes in the cars performance? burning oil? power loss?

if no changed drive it like you always have. and if something happens then so be it, it happens then you can tear it down. i wouldnt tear it down just yet, you could tear it down and have it be nothing at all. then you will be like ****

could be gasket

Did it stick to your magnetic drain plug because its magnetic or because the oil made it stick to it? There are no ferrous metals that are flexible. Try sticking it to a magnet now that its clean.

Thanks for all the input guys, I think I'll go through the rest of the oil with a magnet and put a couple more courts through the motor.

Did it stick to your magnetic drain plug because its magnetic or because the oil made it stick to it? There are no ferrous metals that are flexible. Try sticking it to a magnet now that its clean.

Yeah, I put a magnet on it after it was clean and it still stuck to it.

I just can't think of anything that would be flexible but magnetic at the same time that you'd find in an engine.

Man I am right there with you, nothing comes to mind that is Flexible but magnetic inside an engine. It's definitly not a piece of a bearing, the coatings are soft but the backing are stiff and rigid.