What Exactly Do I Need To Buy?

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Last night me and my dad was watching Two Guys Garage. I used not watch the show but they got a notchback as a project car and they have been using every episode it seems to talk about 5.0's, so I try to watch it when I can. They was talking about the 306 they are building last night, and I said "I wish I could do something like that but I dont get paid enough".:lol: So today we was riding around town (He is on a 11 day vacation, lucky man) and he asked about the Summit card, he must have heard something about it somewhere:shrug: So we got back home and he told me to look it up. Well I found it and he came in there and whatever. So he gave me all the information and applied for it.:nice: It said we will find out about it in 7-10 business days. On the first screen it said "How much do you think you will be spending" He told me to put in $2500, so does that mean it will probably have a credit limit to $2500?

I know I want the TFS stuff. But I want to go ahead and get a custom cam for the setup. So the cam will NOT be included in the Summit parts. So what all do I need to get. I need to know the best brands and what to get on this budget excluding the cam. I know I want the TW heads. Do you guys recommend the Street Heat or Track Heat?? Most everyone I have asked before has said the Street Heat. But list the things including brands that I should get. Thanks, its off to work for me.:flag:

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

Rick 91GT said:
Dave you mean what parts for what, top end?
Oh sorry. Was I unclear in my question. Sorry about that.

I just want to know what I should buy with the TW heads. Like supporting hardware and stuff. What size pushrods and what brand rocker. But remember Summit must carry this stuff. Sorry for the confusion.:nice:

Dave

Well, I would go with a summit rebuild kit with forged pistons, tw heads, 1.6 rockers, not sure on the push rod lenght, Track Heat intake, 70mm throttle body, pro-m 75mm mass air meter, Long Tubes, shorty x pipe, 24 or 30lbs inj, Trickflow Nitrous kit....would you like me to continue haha...Thats what I would do anyways...oh yeah and a Anderson Power Pipe

Dave some one with the same combo may be able to tell you push rod length but it would be best to get a adj pushrod to check.

The Crane Blazers rockers are nice, I had a set on my old 302 set-up, 1.6 ratio.

Get the Fel-Pro Head gaskets the -1, front timing cover gasket set, FelPro 1250 intake gaskets, timing chain multi key way, Felpro 1415 header gaskets. I like the ARP manifold bolts, and Stage 8 locking header bolts. Get some ARP thread sealer and some ARP moly lube.

If you want some 24# inj let me know I'll make you a deal ;) I have a good used set and I still have that Kirban.

Where you going for the cam? FTI? If you have any questions let me know :nice:

Rick 91GT said:
Dave some one with the same combo may be able to tell you push rod length but it would be best to get a adj pushrod to check.

The Crane Blazers rockers are nice, I had a set on my old 302 set-up, 1.6 ratio.

Get the Fel-Pro Head gaskets the -1, front timing cover gasket set, FelPro 1250 intake gaskets, timing chain multi key way, Felpro 1415 header gaskets. I like the ARP manifold bolts, and Stage 8 locking header bolts. Get some ARP thread sealer and some ARP moly lube.

If you want some 24# inj let me know I'll make you a deal ;) I have a good used set and I still have that Kirban.

Where you going for the cam? FTI? If you have any questions let me know :nice:
Thanks Rick.:nice:

Well I was considering a AFM cam or a FTI cam. Whats the price difference in the two? I was thinking the N-41 but I may go strictly custom. Not real sure on that.

Dave

Difference is price is @ $50, Difference in power ??? :D ???

My AFM cam ran fine, it did everything I wanted, I am expecting that if not more from my new one..a billet FTI.

Rick 91GT said:
Difference is price is @ $50, Difference in power ??? :D ???

My AFM cam ran fine, it did everything I wanted, I am expecting that if not more from my new one..a billet FTI.
True. Man Rick im thinking about just getting a Stage 1 cam and making up the difference with some of your go-go juice;) Hmm take one hour to get to the place to fill up the bottles but I wouldnt use it that much. Just when I needed to. Man decisions decisions.:lol:

Dave