What fuel economy are you V6 guys getting?

What fuel economy are you V6 Mustangs getting? Right now I have an F250 diesel for a daily driver and thats not to practical. I found a 96 V6 for sale but I first want to know what you guys are getting for fuel mileage? Be honest now what are you getting for city and highway driving mileage?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

you will get near 30mpg on long highway runs

combined driving i would say 24mpg

city driving you will get 19

my procharged 98 averages about 21 combined on my way to work about 60 miles oneway most of it is highway at about 75mph. i have gotten 26.5 with the 3.73's and procharger on a long trip from pittsburgh to ft meyers.

check the build date on the 96. if it's an early 96 pass on it as they had headgasket problems. late build say like august on and it has the revised water passages in the heads and never blow headgaskets.

I routinely get 26-27. Mostly highway driving. I've seen 30 on road trips, and the worst I've gotten was 22 when I had a dead plug and the engine was in limp mode.

These 3.8s get pretty decent mileage for old-school pushrod engines. I had a Probe with the Mazda 2.5L six, and that was a sweet engine. 28 MPG all day long, 7000 RPM redline, and still got to 60 in seven seconds flat. I don't miss the maintenance or the cost of the parts though!

Same here with all the quotes! I get around three hundred miles to the tank when I choose to fill up and when I calculate it averages 25. I have never done all highway and would love too... highest I have seen was 28.xx

That's pretty bad actually for a sixer:( On the upside, how much power did you feel or gain from the cams?:D

Not too sure since I have yet to take it to a dyno. I can tell you that the butt-dyno-meter says that a lot has been picked up:nice: The cam was last mod I did to complete the H/C/I package so it was a nice gain.

Not too sure since I have yet to take it to a dyno. I can tell you that the butt-dyno-meter says that a lot has been picked up:nice: The cam was last mod I did to complete the H/C/I package so it was a nice gain.

Butt Dyno FTW:lol: Yeah let us know when you get the #'s in man. Any predictions on what your dyno #'s are going to be?