what gears to get

stangman356 said:
does it mater if there ford racing or Richmond Gears?

If I were you I would go Ford Racing (FRPP) because I've heard the Richmond gears tend to whine. Some people go with Motive gears, but I've heard some of those whine as well. It's all in the guy who installs the gears. If the mechanic does a sh1tty job and F's up on the shims, your gear will whine. Just go with FRPP, you will be happy.

• Sponsors (?)

I have 3.73s and LOVE them. To me, it was a BIG difference...and I dont regret getting them. the only time I wish I had more gear is from a cruizing 1-2 gear and then nailing it at low RPMs. Takes a second to pick up, but that would be the same with any gear except of 4.30s+ lol.
the setup on the next gear when @ WOT is flawless and pulls like mad. the 4.10 vids seemed like the gear ends to quick for my blood...unless maybe you can turn 7K.

just get 3.90's thats what i did when i couldnt decide. BUT now the highway sucks not saying that i have done this or anything (wink wink) BUT 4th will top out around 110mph and 5th will top out at 147mph. i used to enjoy messing w/ people on the high way but now with the gears my car seems dead at high speeds. from 0 to 80 it is fast but after that i miss my 3.27's

SaleenGT2001 said:
just get 3.90's thats what i did when i couldnt decide. BUT now the highway sucks not saying that i have done this or anything (wink wink) BUT 4th will top out around 110mph and 5th will top out at 147mph. i used to enjoy messing w/ people on the high way but now with the gears my car seems dead at high speeds. from 0 to 80 it is fast but after that i miss my 3.27's
147 eh? So there's no difference in top speed between 3.27s and 3.90s then. Stock gears top out at 145-150, according to other people.