What happened to my value?

sawbones25

Founding Member
May 29, 2001
Virginia
I bought this car 5 months ago for market price. Now I'm trying to sell it and the best offer I've had is $700 less than what I paid, not to mention the $700 I put in the car since I've had it.

Looking through the classifieds it seems the 94-95's are selling for thousands less than the Fox bodies (even beat up ones) and the dreaded 96-98's...

What's up wit dat???

• Sponsors (?)

A. Its the wrong time to sell its getting cold, the winter months are gen worse.

B. Its the wrong time to sell as Ford is in the first full year of the new 05 (06 models now). New model = less demand for old models = less demand overall for anything other than the new ones.

C. Think your bad the 99-04 GT's are CHEAP, a buddy was trying to sell his loaded, low miles 99 for 9,500 and could not even get an offer after the news of the 05 was released (back in late 03-early 04)

Wait until spring time you will prob. see a slight increase in demand and that brings the price up. It seems nowdays anything with a 5.0 is still doing well in my area as far as resale value if anything for the history of the motor. Nice pushrod 5.0's are getting harder and harder to find.

Screw it. I'm just gonna keep it rather than give it away.

Just for my own purposes, here's a list of what I'm planning for it then...

T-5 swap
Trick Flow kit (H/C/I) plus all the items needed for that
Pro-chamber
3.73's
Subframe connectors
Suspension (haven't decided on who or what)
Wheels
Supercharger

sawbones25 said:
Screw it. I'm just gonna keep it rather than give it away.

Just for my own purposes, here's a list of what I'm planning for it then...

T-5 swap
Trick Flow kit (H/C/I) plus all the items needed for that
Pro-chamber
3.73's
Subframe connectors
Suspension (haven't decided on who or what)
Wheels
Supercharger
if your doing H/C/I and a supercharger that t-5 will not last, i would get something better

I would just get a good valvebody, for now and put the money aside for a lentech, artcarr.

I also would just say get a turbo kit and wait for the lower end of the engine to go and then add a nice H/C/I setup to that.

Zero Signal said:
You can't seriously say you bought an SN95 mustang as an INVESTMENT!

As you can see, I didn't type anywhere that this was an investment. I was just surprised the value of the car went down so much in a few months.

urban96 said:
if your doing H/C/I and a supercharger that t-5 will not last, i would get something better

The blower would be way down the road. And if the power numbers got up high enough to justify it even without the blower, I'd go with something more stout. But until then, a T-5 should hold up. Built right they are a decent tranny for the money.

blksn955.o said:
I would just get a good valvebody, for now and put the money aside for a lentech, artcarr.

I also would just say get a turbo kit and wait for the lower end of the engine to go and then add a nice H/C/I setup to that.

I bought this car so my wife could drive it back and forth to college, but she never drives it. She'd rather drive the minivan... So if I'm the only driver, as far as I'm concerned, the auto has to go.

And a Turbo??? Hmm... ;)