What heads for a 6k rpm 351W?

I agree to a point. You could look at it like that but I believe the heads are much more important than the cam.

I think heads will make more of an impact on power than a cam.

The Vic intakes have a very high rpm range but that's for n/a motors.
Thanks.
It's a completely different story with boost.
My philosophy is that since the motor is always moving the same volume of air at any given RPM, the heads that are high RPM heads n/a are still high RPM heads under boost.

I guess a good starting point would be what kind of numbers is he looking for?

Honestly, those little turbos will only be good to 600 rwhp at absolute max. I think he'll only be looking for 500 from them. However, this is definitely an on-going project for him, and I know he'll be looking for more if he ever switches to a different turbo or twin-turbo setup.

Plus we just like doing things right. He prefers low to moderate RPM builds. He's perfectly happy with the stock cam at 5000-5500 rpm, for example.

I'm thinking Vic-Jrs at this point. I understand that they can be found a pretty reasonable price and they start at 210cc.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, those little turbos will only be good to 600 rwhp at absolute max. I think he'll only be looking for 500 from them. However, this is definitely an on-going project for him, and I know he'll be looking for more if he ever switches to a different turbo or twin-turbo setup.

Plus we just like doing things right. He prefers low to moderate RPM builds. He's perfectly happy with the stock cam at 5000-5500 rpm, for example.

I'm thinking Vic-Jrs at this point. I understand that they can be found a pretty reasonable price and they start at 210cc.

Chris

Ohhh ok. When I saw 351 I assumed a lot more power than that haha. 302 I think 500-600rwhp, 351 I think 700+. I was thinking he was trying to move a lot more air. The Vic Jr intake is rated to 7500rpm, and the super vic is rated to 8500 but I've seen them used in a much more reasonable rpm range even on a 302. Especially with a cam properly designed for it.

Now knowing his goals I would still say get some Trick Flows, or Vic Jrs would probably be good. I still swear by the F-303, I'll pm you about that :nice: I think the performer will work fine.