what heads to look into

• Sponsors (?)

if you can find some windsor Jr. heads for cheap then those would be a decent head for the price.

Or you can go with GT40 heads out the junkyard. Other's will chime in I'm sure about other heads and what year explorers you can pull the heads out of.

It took me about 10 minutes of my time to figure out what to do with the #7 plug and wire situation (cut sparkplug socket and 90*plug wire), the passenger side was easy as could be with no issues whatsoever. The sparkplugs only caused a minor setback:D

I just got a set of gt40ps two days ago for my setup below. I cant wait to get them installed. I got mine for $400 shipped and they have been milled, a little porting, bowls blended with 1.6 pro comp roller rockers. I just ordered to frpp headers from summit yesterday.

GT40s seem to be 400-600 and most are ready to bolt on...kinda hard to beat for a budget head...

Maybe the H/C/I Gods will shine down on you and you'll score some TF's for cheap.....:nice: keeping checking the classifieds...smokin deals can be found...

I considered the the GT head combo with my old car, did alot of research on them and its not a bad route to go. I got lucky and the IRS gave me lots of money so Trick Flow's found their way into my budget and had them ever since. The GT 40's with the right work done really shine for what they are. I would have got the GT-40's on the Cobra worked over and put them back on with a better cam if I did not already have the top end kit. Do some looking around and see what's available.