What holley carb do I have?

Britt

Founding Member
May 2, 2002
South Carolina
I got 2 free carbs today from a friend that didnt need them. Ones complete and the other is in peices.

The lists numbers are as follows: 1850-2 0856 and: 9834 1468

The one thats complete have these tubes comming off of each end that dad say is to vent exess fuel.

They are both vac. seccondary.
Ive tryed the Holley site but I couldnt get any info.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

1850-2 is your std Holley 600 cfm vacuum secondary carb. The other list # I tried to find on Holleys site also, but their list of list #'s is impossible to read, the print is so small as to be useless. I'll look in my Holley carb book later and see what it is.

The 1850 is the one you want, can't comment on the other, might be an emissions design 600. Just make sure the throttle shaft bushings are tight on the 1850. I'm running one on my V8 Ranger. Bought it used for $125, swapped the fuel bowls for a dual feed set from a list 3310 750cfm Holley. Installed a white vacuum sec spring, left the jets as is. Runs perfect. secondaries open a second or so after you nail the gas. Removed the choke assembly, don't need it down here in Cajun country. Engine it's on is a stock roller 5.0 short block from a wrecked 93 E150 van, bored 30, with hypereutectic flat tops. Cam is a Ford F4TE high torque roller, with the lift improved with Cobra 1.7 roller rockers( 256/266 degree duration .450/.474 lift) . Ported E7TE heads, stock sized valves. Intake is a Ford A321 ( same as the old Shelby Cobra high rise) Headers are Shelby type tri-Y's ( for early Stangs) Lot's of fun with a Toploader 4 speed and 3.73 geared rear in the 3800 lb Ranger, be even better in a lighter Stang like your's.