What Intake?

• Sponsors (?)

I was thinking about the trick flow but i noticed the ports appear smaller than the edelbrock. Edelbrock also claims 38 hp gain. I guess i just want the best intake possible that has flexability for heads and a power adder later. Does anyone have any dyno or tech info on any intake swaps?

I put a Typhoon on my 92. Polished version. You can read some reviews on this web site in the reviews section. All in all I'm pretty happy with mine. There is some quality issues but nothing to serious. It's only been on the car a few weeks and with all the bad weather we have gotten lately I haven't driven it that much. It runs well though and looks pretty good although I think the finish could be a little better. Click on my site in my sig. below and you can see it on the car. Hope this helps. :nice:

I saw your string earlier and checked out your website. The dyno numbers you posted, were they before or after the blower was installed and before or after your intake install? Ive also noticed on other posts that people have had to modify their typhoon to "clean up" ports. Did you experience any of these problems? Did you feel a seat of the pants improvement?

rdksek844 said:
I saw your string earlier and checked out your website. The dyno numbers you posted, were they before or after the blower was installed and before or after your intake install? Ive also noticed on other posts that people have had to modify their typhoon to "clean up" ports. Did you experience any of these problems? Did you feel a seat of the pants improvement?
Dyno #' were after the blower and before the intake/tb install. Yes I did have to clean some of the threads but not the ports. I did have to modify my fuel rail so the mounting holes would line up with the holes in the intake. The car has good performance but it won't hook up. The tire have lousy traction espesially now that it's cold. I'm going to be buying some toyo street slicks in the next few weeks to help with the traction problem. I plan on goin' for another dyno pretty soon to see what diff if any the new intake combo made. Other that the blower and the intake, the motor is still stock, no heads no cam. (yea I was pretty disappointed with the #'s from the dyno. I was hoping for around 350, oh well)