What is fast?

12.99 or better, full weight, pump gas, daily driver. All the creature comforts it should normally have, just enough power and driver to make it boogey.

So I guess I would consider a stock, or close to stock LS1 Camaro/TA fast.

Fast to me is also in the feel of the car. Some cars are slow, but they give off the feeling that you are going somewhere. Some quick or fast cars feel slow, but your really hauling ass.

• Sponsors (?)

imports are generally "quick" stock Stangs are almost fast, but mostly quick... Vettes and Terminators are "fast" :)
To me it depends on the car, a honda running 14's is a quick car. A Cobra running 12's is a quick car, but a GT running 12s is a fast car... I dunno what I'm trying to say here another beer please.

As told by a former funny car driver/mechanic, "a street car thats running anywhere in the 11s is FAST" . And I agree....when your in the 11s, even with slicks...you have to have some power. Thats a fast car.

But in reality, if you can go 12s on street tires the car will move IMO. I consider my GT a pretty fast car...but not yet a truely FAST car.

87 octain and runs 8s?

:bs: X1000000000000

Even if you had a 400 shot of N20, your car still needs to run LOW LOW 10s all motor to get to 8s on the spray. = HIGH compression. And S/C is also out, 87 wont cut it for 8s lol

XXMustangRayXX said:
my best friend knows a guy with a 67 camaro that runs 8's that pops wheelies in the first 3 gears that runs on 87 octane and he drives it to shows and the track. thats fast. lol
:lol:

Superhereaux said:
my best friend's cousin's former roomate's sisters uncle knows a guy with an '88 trans-am that runs 5's at 250mph on 87 octane and he drives it everyday. that's fast lol

I got ya beat, my x-wifes......... nah nevermind

SteedaGTJ22 said:
14s = ...eh

13s = quick

12s = fast

11s = :eek:

10s = :eek: (not even really streetable anymore)

9s = :hail2: (all out drag)

thats not true at all. I know a guy with an 03 cobra full weight, stock suspension etc running 10.3@133+. Drives the car to and from the track and actually went road racing the next weekend(just changed wheels). We all know 03's are very streetable

Ruckus46Gt said:
thats not true at all. I know a guy with an 03 cobra full weight, stock suspension etc running 10.3@133+. Drives the car to and from the track and actually went road racing the next weekend(just changed wheels). We all know 03's are very streetable

Yeah i hear of a few people with streetable 10 second cars...but you know what I mean. Not really a grocery getter :p

XXMustangRayXX said:
thats what i told him...impossible, but he argued with me til' I gave up and his dad started on me saying it was true...I figured it was bs...

Should have told him to roll it down to the gas station and let you watch him put 87 into it, cause im also jumping on the BS bandwagon.

I had some dude tell me last night he has a 69 GTO that runs 9's at 200 or 250 mph (I guess he couldnt make up his mind). Once again, BS through the roof.

consider a fast street car any car that can outrun the fastest regular available factory car.

edit: (if)a Z06 runs 12.1, then i need to run 12.0. (i guess they actually run 11.3?)

if it runs 11.9 then i need to run 11.8.(edit: ok 11.1 i need 11.0 faster than them is the point)

there is really no excuse for having no federal requirements and still being slower than a factory stock car... ANY factory stocker.

my personal goal is 525 crank hp. it exceeds Z06, and is at least respectable amongst TERMINATORS.