What is my 1993 cobra motor worth?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't see any real reason to keep it...the stock cam in any other 5.0 is better, the heads are plain old GT40's--which have been everywhere forever, and there's nothing else different. If you ever needed to you could go buy a cheap motor, put some GT40's on it and it would be just as good, if not better.

89MustangGX said:
I don't see any real reason to keep it...the stock cam in any other 5.0 is better, the heads are plain old GT40's--which have been everywhere forever, and there's nothing else different. If you ever needed to you could go buy a cheap motor, put some GT40's on it and it would be just as good, if not better.

That really is beside the point. Why do you think orignial Shelby mustangs and other old cars bring more money when they are original? Don't say that it's not the same thing, because it is. I think it would be cool 30 years from now to still be able to see an original '93 cobra at a car show.

NKau said:
That really is beside the point. Why do you think orignial Shelby mustangs and other old cars bring more money when they are original? Don't say that it's not the same thing, because it is. I think it would be cool 30 years from now to still be able to see an original '93 cobra at a car show.

If that's what you really think, you should be offering advice like keep the car all stock and search for 1993 date coded plug wires, etc. Keeping the old motor around for 20 years sitting in the basement doesn't make it any more original while the rest of the car has the snot beat out of it doesn't make it any more original if it was ever to be restored.