What is the brightest light bulb?

• Sponsors (?)

I've ran PIAA HL Bulbs ($80 a pair)...And Sylvania Silverstars ($40 a pair), and various other ones and the Silverstars are by far the best bulb I've used...Good Luck, BTW, true HID would be the brightest but I think it's too expensive and would be too big of a PITA. :flag:

HID's are by far the brightest and best looking lights but are pricey.....with some searching you can score a set of HID's out of a wrecked car for not to much....but then its up to you to cut up your nice new headlights and install them....or you can buy the ready made kits which do run like $800-$900....i run silverstars and was at first dissappointed because they look yellow when on during the day....but boy are they white at night....and this is through my stock POS GT headlights....im sure they would look 100% better through some Cobra clears :nice:

Anthony

-9007 headlights, 893 foglights... silverstar makes both... but don't do that yet...

-they now make xenons that are almost the same kelvins as HID... I got a set of 9007 and 893 for $25 on ebay... 7200K temp output... (color temp) and use the same wiring... they look amazing w/ some cobra projector lenses... just make sure they are alligned correctly...

www.euroeffects.net sells xenons w/ lifetime warranty, but are only like 5200K output... just check around ebay for some 7000+ K output bulbs... and they are still street legal, as long as the wattage isn't more than stock, unless you don't care about that stuff...

the problem with those "cheap" HID kits is they use a universal style bulb, so if you just put it in and go, odds are the filament part wont sit in the same place in the housing as a stock bulb so it wont utilize the reflector very well and actually hurt lighting performance