What is the techincal color name for 90 seats

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
A long while back, my dumass took out my rear seats, i've been compiling parts to put them back in. Take notes those of you who wish to try this DO NOT throw out or sell any of these parts. The $$$ are adding up quickly to replace this stuff.

I saved the top half of the seats for some reason, but i need the bottom.
Seems on ebay most are listed from 87-93, or some give a color name, such as opel, dark or light gray.
I'm thinking 90's are light gray, but i don't know how far apart the is from dark gray.

Second, are all the lower rear seats the same, such as ones from a coupe or vert? And are the bars the same that hold them in?

Other than Southside bars, i'd rate taking the seats out, the most stupid thing i've done with my car since i owned it.

• Sponsors (?)

87-91 seats have the pull out. 92-93 seats do not have the pull out. The headrests are big from 87-89, and then the headrests are small from 90-93. 93 was Opal grey, 90-92 was Titanium grey, and 87-89 was Frost grey...I believe it's called.

IMO the Titanium grey is the nicest all around color.

Thanks svt, what do you mean by pull out? They just pop off of the metal bars?
Do you know if i can use a coupe or vert lower?
I never took out the fronts, so i'm good with them.

He means the front seats. 92-93 did not have the pull-out thigh bolsters like the pre-92 seats do.

I made the mistake of selling my MINT black 1990 seats out of my Fox. I regret it dearly. Luckly i learned from my mistake and saved the entire rear seat and put it away. I now have 1999-2004 seats front and rear

87-91 seats have the pull out. 92-93 seats do not have the pull out. The headrests are big from 87-89, and then the headrests are small from 90-93. 93 was Opal grey, 90-92 was Titanium grey, and 87-89 was Frost grey...I believe it's called.

IMO the Titanium grey is the nicest all around color.

87-89 are Smoke Grey.

I just swapped the entire interior in my 88 to Opal. Got lucky and found a coupe with a full interior in the JY because man is hard to find parts for an opal interior.