What is the TwEECer system?

• Sponsors (?)

the tweecer is WAY more than just a chip (not ship)... you can calibrate your car while racing/driving w/ a laptop, you can customize EVERYTHING that your computer controlls... so on the newer fords, the timing and stuff like that... for our's and earlier, a little more limited, to like air/fuel ratio and stuff like that...

-totally worth the $$$ if I had the money, and not a list that had more important things on it, I'd get one right away...

SuperDust22 said:
do they work well

It is like 4 chips, that you can control yourself.

Very hard to learn..(IM not even 10% there yet)

I have an AODE, and it is great for that, b/c you can control shift points in the tranny, and that took little time to figure out.

It is also great when I changed my injectors to #36 from #30 b/c I did not have to have the ProM recalibrated.

I have also changed my rev at idle, Fan settings (NICE FEATURE) and A/F curves to make driveability better. I have yet to do much with the racing part of it.

If you get it...PLEASSSSSSSSEEEEEeeeeee spend the extra Money and get the R/T for data logging.
Good Luck
RC

if you get frustrated easily, i would recommend getting a chip burned. the learning curve is extremely steep and the documentation tweecer provides with it is awful. download the caledit software and a couple bin files and play with it a little before you make your decision.

the r/t has realtime datalogging using the calcon software. if you are going to get a tweecer and have a laptop, the datalogging is a great tool in troubleshooting problems and monitoring the cars vitals. in my eyes, it is well worth the extra money.

Green 94 5.0 said:
rob, the cheaper one is the exact same as what we have just without the datalogging. you can still make changes in the normal way.

Well yeah, if you run a long cable, put a computer in your garage, and hook up the cables there. Otherwise, you have to take your unit to your computer, hook it up, make the changes, and reinstall it.

I thought I wouldnt use the R/T. But when I changed injectors, I had to do some datalogging to get my A/F values. Then I made the changes and saw INSTANT effects. :nice:

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
Well yeah, if you run a long cable, put a computer in your garage, and hook up the cables there. Otherwise, you have to take your unit to your computer, hook it up, make the changes, and reinstall it.
Or... just use a laptop. How is that different from how you program the RT? :D

Dave

HairyCanary said:
Or... just use a laptop. How is that different from how you program the RT? :D

Dave

Oh..I should have clarified that. A lot of times, people say they dont want the R/T because they dont have a laptop. That's almost what I did.

Youre right..You use the laptop for either, but I wouldnt forgo the the R/T simply because of the laptop issue. I ended up buying a used PII-275 for $300..DELL!

It does just fine for that!

Thanks for clearing that up DAVE :flag:
RC

SuperDust22 said:
do they work well

If you do a search on this board and over at the Corral 94-95 board you will find posts by Tweecer users.

I have posted several times on this board about myTweecer.

Short story *** I like it *** Has worked out better than I expected ***
Dyno results would have been lower without it.

Later
Grady

My car doesn't run without it, enough said.

Don't let these guys scare you with the steep learning curve, to change basic things like fans or rev limiters, my 3 yr old could figure it out. If you are trying to fine tune a blower car or tune out drivability problems then things get a little more complicated.

Green 94 5.0 said:
completely stock, the only benefit you would have is changing fan settings, changing timing, and firming up the shifts if the car is automatic. the base tweecer is $380 and the tweecer r/t is $550.

You can also change the rev limiter (good with gears) and change the RPM's at idle (not that you need to). If you deleted the EGR and Smog Pump, you can set that also.

The only real benefit in a stock car is if the stock car is an AODE. If the car is stock, the $550 would be better used for gears and pulleys!

RC