What is the TwEECer system?

SmokinGT50 said:
......If you are trying to fine tune a blower car or tune out drivability problems then things get a little more complicated.

WERD!

Steve...I sent you a file a couple weeks ago to review for me. Did you ever get it?
If not, please give me your Email again, in case I have the wrong one!
RC

• Sponsors (?)

SmokinGT50 said:
My car doesn't run without it, enough said.

Don't let these guys scare you with the steep learning curve, to change basic things like fans or rev limiters, my 3 yr old could figure it out. If you are trying to fine tune a blower car or tune out drivability problems then things get a little more complicated.

I could not agree more about not freaking out with the learning process.

It is not like you have to know every detail of the pcm to get some good results
that can really make a difference. You do have to be willing to learn the basics and I did not have any trouble getting help from others when I needed it.

Later
Grady

SmokinGT50 said:
My car doesn't run without it, enough said.

Don't let these guys scare you with the steep learning curve, to change basic things like fans or rev limiters, my 3 yr old could figure it out. If you are trying to fine tune a blower car or tune out drivability problems then things get a little more complicated.
the fan stuff, idle, rev limit, speed limit, egr, smog, etc are all easy. most of the scalars are self explainatory. what i meant by steep learning curve is when you start trying to modify tables and functions to root out driveability problems. that is where i am at now.

Green 94 5.0 said:
the fan stuff, idle, rev limit, speed limit, egr, smog, etc are all easy. most of the scalars are self explainatory. what i meant by steep learning curve is when you start trying to modify tables and functions to root out driveability problems. that is where i am at now.

So you'd say that the basic functions can be learned fairly quickly, and the more complex tuning will take some time. How much math is involbed in the more complex functions (I don't mind that, I'm a semester away from a math degree, just curious!)?

quite a bit for some of it. for example, calculating the throttle body airflow at idle requires quite a few calculations. im in no way a stupid person, but some of the tables and functions get quite involved and can be extremely intimidating if you dont have a thorough understanding of what the tables do. my recommendation is to go to www.tweecer.com and download the caledit software along with a couple eec bin files. you can get a pretty good idea of what you are going to encounter by doing that. also, you can check the tweecer forum at tweecer.oplink.net for some examples of what is involved with modifying functions and tables correctly.

red94fiveo said:
So you'd say that the basic functions can be learned fairly quickly, and the more complex tuning will take some time. How much math is involbed in the more complex functions (I don't mind that, I'm a semester away from a math degree, just curious!)?

MATH???

I've not had to use the pie are square thing yet but I have used the + & - keys on my calculator a couple of times.

Sorry but the wording "complex functions" kinda struck me as being funny :rlaugh:

I always stay far far away from complex functions ESPECIALLY when they apply to my car.

As for your first question, yes, I would say you got it about right :nice:

Later
Grady

Green 94 5.0 said:
quite a bit for some of it. for example, calculating the throttle body airflow at idle requires quite a few calculations. im in no way a stupid person, but some of the tables and functions get quite involved and can be extremely intimidating if you dont have a thorough understanding of what the tables do. my recommendation is to go to www.tweecer.com and download the caledit software along with a couple eec bin files. you can get a pretty good idea of what you are going to encounter by doing that. also, you can check the tweecer forum at tweecer.oplink.net for some examples of what is involved with modifying functions and tables correctly.

Sorry, dumb computer questions here, but I've downloaded and installed the caledit software along with a couple of eec bin files. How do I get the bin files to load into the program?

red94fiveo said:
How much math is involbed in the more complex functions (I don't mind that, I'm a semester away from a math degree, just curious!)?

Math is not an issue. You have to do some calc's to figure out what some things are doing (as Roger said), but the only math Ive used so far (and Im still a rookie) is percentages. If my A/F is too low, I look at by how much, and take that % and add/subtract it from the air flow to adjust.

I actually made a spread sheet in Excel to help me with this, since you want HARD COPIES of the changes you have made.

BOTTOM LINE.... dont worry about the TwEECer because of math!
RC

The learning curve associated with the TwEECer has to do with understanding what kind of affect changes will have on the performance and drivability of the car. As you get into more complex changes, you start to find that changing one variable may cause you to experience an apparently unrelated symptom. What takes time is learning how all of the elements of the calibration work together to make your engine run and perform well.

Dave

SuperDust22 said:
Thanks what would be an average of what it drop my 1/4. I know the more mods the better it will work but based off what i have below what do you guys think?

If your buying one because you think your gonna see 1/4 mile times drop then don't spend the money. I think the key to the TwEECer is driveability issues that exist due to adding high performance parts (heads, cam, intake, blower, etc.). The Tweecer is used basically to tweak settings and make everything work together for maximum peformance. If you have no clue how to use it you can do damage. Before buying hit the Tweecer boards, www.stangtuning.com and use the search function on here.

I will figure out how to use it. I was just wondering if it would help me at the track. I am plan on getting new heads and cam in the future. I probably won't get the TwEECer until then. I was just wondering if it would help me now or would it be better to get it when I do have heads and cam. I just bought a new intake.

SuperDust22 said:
I will figure out how to use it. I was just wondering if it would help me at the track. I am plan on getting new heads and cam in the future. I probably won't get the TwEECer until then. I was just wondering if it would help me now or would it be better to get it when I do have heads and cam. I just bought a new intake.

One thing it would do is allow you to turn the dial and bump your timing to a preset value if youre say running race fuel at the track, which would allow you to run more timing.

But Like Vib said, you dont buy it to drop your times. It allows you continue to add more schitt to the car and keep it driveable!
RC