Roush what is the value of a 2002 s281?/did they come in 5 speed

dansnyder22

Jun 2, 2009
I did a search and couldn't find much. I am trying to find out the value of a 2002 s281 Saleen. and find out if its legit, I think its a little fishy but I don't know the facts. He says it is #741. it is supercharged. he says it is a 5 speed, but to my knowledge I thought that these were 6 speeds.

guy is asking 4,000 dollars but has bad front end damage

• Sponsors (?)

4k? hmmm....

If you can get the VIN for it, you can call Saleen and get verification it's genuine or not. I think that'd be the first step.

Unsure about the 5/6 speed though. I've got a '99 w/5-speed.

S281 Supercharged cars had the stock Ford 5-speed gearbox as standard equipment. Only the Extreme cars had the upgraded 6-speed standard.

If you're shopping, use the materials here: Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club - SOEC - Vehicle Specification Sheets

Value depends a lot on condition and equipment (read that as rarity).

Call 800-888-8945 option 2 at Saleen with the last 8 digits of the VIN and they can verify it and give you an idea as to its equipment.

Check New Car Prices, Used Car Values, New Car Reviews & Car Buying Guides - NADAguides.com Official Site for used car prices of Saleen coupes... use it as a reference. Don't forget the market is soft right now.

Stage3 Motorsports should have most of the unique fascia panels you'll need.