What is this connector for?

Tripoli

Mar 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
What is this wiring harness for? We we thinking of taking it out because it's partially in the way of my ProCharger intake, but we weren't sure if it needed to be located there or not. When you pull it out of the radiator shroud, it's got a strange-looking green cylinder in it. Can this be relocated and tied off somewhere more out of the way?
Radiator Wires.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

I'm pretty sure that is the fan controller for the radiator. Dont know if it can be moved, but I wouldnt sugguest removing it unless you arent going to drive the car. I saw an aftermarket one the other day, Mishimoto, it replaced the entire fan shroud with an aluminum one and dual fans. Might want to see where that plug is.

I'm pretty sure that is the fan controller for the radiator. Dont know if it can be moved, but I wouldnt sugguest removing it unless you arent going to drive the car. I saw an aftermarket one the other day, Mishimoto, it replaced the entire fan shroud with an aluminum one and dual fans. Might want to see where that plug is.

it is the controller for the fan. you can take it out and zip tie it on the lower portion of the radiator in the same orientation that it is now. then just trim the old mounting plastic down.

mine has been relocated for 5 years with zero issues